Chapala.com Webboard

COVID-19 PCR test for travel

Thanks Mostly Lost for the info and link: 

If you need the PCR test for other reasons (like travel)  it is available at Salud Digna  laboratory  in GDL for $950. 

https://salud-digna.org/covid-19/estudio-covid-19/ 

The above results perhaps come back in 72 hours, so as you say, not good for traveling under 72 hour restrictions to have a recent test in hand.

Appears to me that paying the 5,000 pesos for a 24 hour test result is the only stress-free way to do this.

Eg. Flight leaves Thursday, get the test done early Tuesday, hope for Wednesday results, and arrive at destination country latest early Friday, 72 hours from when the test was administered.

These countries are putting a crimp into traveling, especially travel that requires several connections, and many hours to reach a destination. Even the 24 hour test results don't make this a smooth process, not if going to remoter destinations.

13 hours ago, southland said:

Thanks Mostly Lost for the info and link: 

If you need the PCR test for other reasons (like travel)  it is available at Salud Digna  laboratory  in GDL for $950. 

The above results perhaps come back in 72 hours, so as you say, not good for traveling under 72 hour restrictions to have a recent test in hand.

Appears to me that paying the 5,000 pesos for a 24 hour test result is the only stress-free way to do this.

Eg. Flight leaves Thursday, get the test done early Tuesday, hope for Wednesday results, and arrive at destination country latest early Friday, 72 hours from when the test was administered.

These countries are putting a crimp into traveling, especially travel that requires several connections, and many hours to reach a destination. Even the 24 hour test results don't make this a smooth process, not if going to remoter destinations.

Requirements vary by destination. My destination requires a negative PCR result within 72 hrs of boarding initial segment of the flight (note: results within 72 hrs, not the test within 72 hrs). So if flight leaves on Thu, one could get the test Thu or Fri before. Add 3 days for results (several labs said Sat is a business day), so results hopefully will be ready on Mon or Tue, within the 72 hour window for the Thu departure.

Does anyone know if Chopo Lab in Guadalajara can give a 24-hr result on a PCR test for travel? If so, could you please include the address and phone number of the local Guadalajara Chopo Lab? I'm having trouble finding information on the Chopo website for Guadalajara. Any help appreciated!!

That Covid-19 PCR test is not as simple as it seems with the following lab's pre-test requirements:

We ask you not to carry out any of the following actions, at least 4 to 5 hours before taking the sample: -Do not eat or drink. -Do not brush your teeth or tongue with toothpaste. -Do not gargle. -Do not use mouthwash or antiseptic. In the case of home service, we ask you to meet the following requirements: -The patient is requested to wear a disposable surgical mask (face mask) in case they have respiratory symptoms. -There must be an isolated room or private bathroom that has a sink with water where the phlebotomist can stand, remove their protective equipment and perform hand washing. -It is requested that there is someone else at home who is not suspected of having the virus, since they must sign the service order and must have a pen on hand. -The pen must not be in contact with the patient from whom the sample is to be taken. -Even if there is someone else at home, the patient must be in a completely isolated room or place at the time of taking the sample, said room must contain a free surface where the phlebotomist can place the necessary equipment to take the sample.

I went to El Lago Laboratorio Clinico in Chapala on Jaurez right behind the bus station this morning for the PCR  test.  She swabbed both nostrils and another of my throat.  I could have had the result tomorrow but do not need it until Wed...$4000MX.  It took about 15-20 min.   Very clean and observant of sanitary protocols.  She uses an INRE lab for the testing.

I took the test as a pre requirement for travel.

16 minutes ago, Willie said:

I went to El Lago Laboratorio Clinico in Chapala on Jaurez right behind the bus station this morning for the PCR  test.  She swabbed both nostrils and another of my throat.  I could have had the result tomorrow but do not need it until Wed...$4000MX.  It took about 15-20 min.   Very clean and observant of sanitary protocols.  She uses an INRE lab for the testing.

I took the test as a pre requirement for travel.

Willie, did you setup an appointment or just showed up at 7am? How many people were in line for the test? And if you have a chance, please let us know if the results arrive on time this Wed. Thanks.

I called a bit before 8 am...she said to come then.  She was just finishing up for some other sort of test with a lady and I had to wait about 5 min.  She had me go to a small area, totally separate from the main part of the lab, very sanitary, used a light spray over me, lots of gel, etc.  Filled out a form and discussed options for receiving results and pricing..mostly conversed in Spanish.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

From Chopo Chapala website:

Laboratory

ANTI-SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) ANTIBODIES

Immunoassay test for the qualitative detection of antibodies, which is approved by COFEPRIS in our country and authorized by the FDA in the United States. They are called serological or immunological tests and are the antibodies present in the patient's blood that are produced in response to infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. They are useful tests for asymptomatic patients .

Do you have doubts about the study? Solve them here

From what I have read about airline requirements it seems like some or all of them require a PCR test or an Antigen test. There is a thread on this board, COVID 19 TESTING, LAKESIDE/GDL that lists labs Lakeside that do the tests with prices and time for results. It's on the first page. You will need to scroll down.

It is not the airline that decides the type of test   it is the country of destination

USA  Antigen is acceptable    Canada requires PCR 

You can do it lakeside or  you can drive a little and save a lot

SALUD DIGNA GUADALAJARA

PCR TEST $950 48 HOUR RESULTS

ANTIGEN TEST $250  2 HOUR RESULTS

10 hours ago, Colo-Rick said:

ANTI-SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) ANTIBODIES

Immunoassay test for the qualitative detection of antibodies, which is approved by COFEPRIS in our country and authorized by the FDA in the United States. They are called serological or immunological tests and are the antibodies present in the patient's blood that are produced in response to infection by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. They are useful tests for asymptomatic patients .

Do you have doubts about the study? Solve them here

Understand this test IS NOT proof that you are not currently infected. The required tests are PCR (most countries) and Antigen (USA)

You can buy this test  and do it at home if you think you may have had COVID and recovered without knowing you had it.

https://www.fahorro.com/kit-prueba-anticuerpos-covid19-para-aplicacion-personal.html

There are a few places Lakeside         Also in Guadalajara     

Hospital San Antonio $6500                  Salud Digna  $950     

Labratorio Clinico Al Lago $3500          Airport  $1450     Need to have airline ticket

Chopo $3399