Chapala.com Webboard

Package long overdue from Laredo aduana

7 minutes ago, phil in mexico said:

I order some sleep aids and had them sent to the soy Luna address via Laredo aduana  they have been at  that location for more than 2 months I have checked with them several times but they have no clue and seldom call back, suggestions ! 

I once had plain old simple Vitamin D sit at aduana for 6 months!  If you ordered something with an ingredient banned in MX, you will never get it.  If you ordered something that is prescription-only in Mexico, if you ordered it with a company that does not have a MXN import license for medications, you will never get it.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I once had plain old simple Vitamin D sit at aduana for 6 months!  If you ordered something with an ingredient banned in MX, you will never get it.  If you ordered something that is prescription-only in Mexico, if you ordered it with a company that does not have a MXN import license for medications, you will never get it.  

We used Estafeta USA for over 10 years and never once had anything not delivered, held up or duty placed against it. Anything Amazon said no to was included, meds from India, food, supplements. You name it, we ordered it and it was delivered no problem. Some companies have solved their border problems and most haven't. Estafeta always crossed via land, never air and I think that speaks for itself. Probably over 50 shipments and always a mixture of all kinds of products that we wanted and were willing to pay the shipping for. Even olive oil once Harry.

My son sent us a package from the States with DHL. He thew in some Vitamin B 12 and some spices. It got held up at customs because they insisted it was medicine. The best solution was to send it back. It cost us over &300. USD. Plus what ever it cost my son to ship it down. Now we only order through companies that ship internationally, Costco Mexico, Amazon US and Amazon Mexico.

• Like 1

Don't forget Mercado Libre. A lot of times, items that can't be shipped to Mexico from Amazon can be found on ML. Yes, you're paying more, but it's often less than what shipping and customs adds on if it were a straight shot. Even when it's more, it may be worth it if the item is a must-have and not a nice-to-have. 

It's usually not the delivery service (iShop, Sol y Luna, etc.) but it's getting the product thru Customs.  If it looks suspicious they will turn it back.  I once ordered powdered makeup from Amazon US and Customs sent it back to Amazon.  I think they didn't know what it was and looked suspicious.  

I have an artisan friend who sent a package to the US with all papers necesary to clear customs.. Thepackage according to fed ex has been stuck in customs for a year. Yesterday I called the customs and fed ex in Memphis to check what was going on since fed ex mexico says it is still in customs. The customs told me thy return packages that cannot clear for whatever reason. gave me a number within customs to find out what the records say and no one answers the phone,

I call fed ex who told me they switch to another system in september theredore they cannot easily trace a package from last year and have to go to microfilm files.. , they also told me that they would not honor a claim more than a month old.. that after they have been sending notes every months they the customs had the package.. So moral of the story put a claim through  if you d not have the package within 3 weeks.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:20 PM, Tingting said:

Don't forget Mercado Libre. A lot of times, items that can't be shipped to Mexico from Amazon can be found on ML. Yes, you're paying more, but it's often less than what shipping and customs adds on if it were a straight shot. Even when it's more, it may be worth it if the item is a must-have and not a nice-to-have. 

I agree. Everything I ordered on the site arrived usually with Estafeta shipping with few to no issues. If you order with a major credit card and it doesn't arrive all you need do is place a billing dispute. Much safer than a debit card, and much more recourse if things go awry. Their selection over the years for most things has really improved IMO and it seems more sellers are offering free shipping these days.

• Like 1

I just received my.long awaited sleep aid after 2 1\2 months the aduana in Laredo must be a joke, but I did receive them😷 

On 10/1/2020 at 9:57 AM, Bisbee Gal said:

That's why I ordered thru soy Luna they supposedly have a license for bringing in meds 

11 minutes ago, phil in mexico said:

I just received my.long awaited sleep aid after 2 1\2 months the aduana in Laredo must be a joke, but I did receive them😷 

That's why I ordered thru soy Luna they supposedly have a license for bringing in meds 

First, it's Sol y Luna.  Second, I do not **think** they have a license to import meds.  I have been told by many that only iShop has that license.  I am certain someone will correct me if I am wrong.