Chapala.com Webboard

New Lakeside Cardiology Clinic

joco69

I just came back from the Lakeside Cardiology Clinic and I was so well and professionally treated that I feel like the members should know about it. If interested you find their website under www.lakesidecardiology.mx

After a near death experience with another hospital and cardiologist in 2018 I was very careful when I again needed a cardiologist to treat severe blockage in two of the main arteries in my heart . I spoke to several friends that have used a cardiologist and many recommended Dr. Moya at Lakeside Cardiology Clinic . I can say without hesitation that I was extremely careful as I went forward with Dr. Moya . I ask question after question and told him about my previous experience . He was very concerned about the previous experience and how it reflected on quality , competent and caring doctors . He told me exactly what would happen , how I would feel and exactly what it would cost . I cannot say enough about how he treated me  . He went above and beyond what was expected and continues to be involved with my aftercare three weeks later . He took me to Sanatorio hospital in Guad and the service and treatment were excellent . They seemed to be going well past the precautions that are needed due to the Covid . One of his associates , Dr. Antonio was also a great help . I have made two new friends  . They treated my wife with great respect and kept her involved and informed during and after the process . There seems to always be someone that is not happy with their doctor , hospital or treatment for whatever reason but for me and my wife we couldn't be happier with Dr. Moya . As with everything thing important in life , especially your health , tread cautiously . Good luck .

• Like 2

I agree with Senoir D.  One year ago, I had a heart attack (main artery totally clogged).  Dr. Moya was my cardiologist.  Took excellent care of me after my surgery (even drove me home to Ajijic himself when I was released from hospital!).  Then he actually came to my home for three follow-up visits.  After that, I was able to take the bus to his clinic for further check-ups!  I highly recommend him!

1 hour ago, suegarn said:

I agree with Senoir D.  One year ago, I had a heart attack (main artery totally clogged).  Dr. Moya was my cardiologist.  Took excellent care of me after my surgery (even drove me home to Ajijic himself when I was released from hospital!).  Then he actually came to my home for three follow-up visits.  After that, I was able to take the bus to his clinic for further check-ups!  I highly recommend him!

Out of interest  how did you folks  pay for your treatment, cash or insurance and which hospitals. TIA

38 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Where is Dr. Moya located-por favor?

The new large clinic on the carretera in west Ajijic is his plus he has an office in Jocotepec.  

We used Dr. Moya for my mothers care when she came down to visit last December. He had her hospitalized at the Sanatorio hospital in Guad as well. I had to stay with her 24/7 as there was no assistance for her to get to the bathroom or anything else for that matter. They were very nice but no actual nursing assistant services at all of course. Her treatment consisted of diuretics through an IV. That was the only treatment she had. No other medications, no other treatment.  Instead of the hospital giving us a bill that we could pay as we left the hospital Dr. Moya got the bill. I asked repeatedly for the bill and asked daily if there was any sort of information I could have as to what the cost might be and Dr. Moya just kept putting me off. Finally he brought the bill to us 2 days after mom was discharged from the hospital. The total was $5150 US dollars and It was  only $13000 pesos for the hospital and $98,000 for Dr Moya. He saw her twice and did a EKG at our house before she was hospitalized. I know the cost for the full hospitalization would have been more NOB but I did think that Dr. Moya's bill was quite excessive:/ We would not return to him under any circumstances. I did not appreciate that he did not give us much information the whole time and we felt we were sort of in the dark through the whole situation and as a retired RN I was very unsatisfied with his level of care and sharing of information:/ Just how things worked out for us. 

19 hours ago, Susy Wilson said:

We used Dr. Moya for my mothers care when she came down to visit last December. He had her hospitalized at the Sanatorio hospital in Guad as well. I had to stay with her 24/7 as there was no assistance for her to get to the bathroom or anything else for that matter. They were very nice but no actual nursing assistant services at all of course. Her treatment consisted of diuretics through an IV. That was the only treatment she had. No other medications, no other treatment.  Instead of the hospital giving us a bill that we could pay as we left the hospital Dr. Moya got the bill. I asked repeatedly for the bill and asked daily if there was any sort of information I could have as to what the cost might be and Dr. Moya just kept putting me off. Finally he brought the bill to us 2 days after mom was discharged from the hospital. The total was $5150 US dollars and It was  only $13000 pesos for the hospital and $98,000 for Dr Moya. He saw her twice and did a EKG at our house before she was hospitalized. I know the cost for the full hospitalization would have been more NOB but I did think that Dr. Moya's bill was quite excessive:/ We would not return to him under any circumstances. I did not appreciate that he did not give us much information the whole time and we felt we were sort of in the dark through the whole situation and as a retired RN I was very unsatisfied with his level of care and sharing of information:/ Just how things worked out for us. 

I had a totally different experience with Dr. Moya.  I was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Guad, received a stent and stayed overnight in the ICU.  Full care from the nursing staff (even bathed me in the morning!).  Dr. Moya then drove me home to Ajijic himself!  The itemized bill from the hospital included all the surgical costs and hospital stay.  Dr. Moya never billed me anything, even with a couple of house calls post-surgery!  I was so amazed and I double-checked the bill to see where his fee may be.  He never received any money!

On 10/3/2020 at 11:40 AM, Susy Wilson said:

My experience with getting a stent there was similar.  Plus, I was so over-anesthetized that I literally went nuts afterwards and the doctor had me sent home the same evening.  I didn't even recognize my husband and was "out of it" for several days.  The place is run down and understaffed, as suggested above. No more.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 11:37 AM, lakeside7 said:

Out of interest  how did you folks  pay for your treatment, cash or insurance and which hospitals. TIA

My experience years back he prefers cash and no bills but he is a good surgeon.

3 hours ago, conejorapido said:

The good news is that Quality Care are setting up a cath lab on the second floor of the San Antonio Hospital.

I would never ever trust this hospital for personal bad experience.