Chapala.com Webboard

Pancho's Restaurant

lakeside7

24 minutes ago, Upfront said:

you are so full of sh**. here is your exact quote AGAIN in case those non generick drugs you take have affected your eyes.

where does that say anything about a different grocery. huh?

If taking things out of context works for you then so be it.Although self confusion needs to be treated by someone in the helping professions-SNORK!

15 minutes ago, Upfront said:

you would know. snork

if you would spend half as much time enjoying life as you do trying to wriggle out of your baloney you would be a much hapier moose

I have no trouble enjoying life. The opposite seems to be your thing. That's all I  have to say and let you high jack this thread all by yourself with your useless and mostly incorrect one liners. I thought you had broken yourself of that habit and here you are wasting space once again-SNORK!

1.jpg

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Zeb said:

No one said anything about it being earth shattering.  I mentioned it because it was a lack of response and correction to a simple item and it was not done.

I agree that it shows a "So what?" attitude. There was a little breakfast cafe just down the block from where I had my shop for years and as I was walking by one day I noticed his sandwich board out front that said he had omelettes and listed all the various types, in supposed English. He had written jam omelettes and I knew what he meant to say was ham, but since it's jamon in Spanish, it was an easy error to make. I pointed it out to him, explaining that in English, jam means mermelada, and asked if he wanted me correct it for him. He said "Yes, please!" and handed me a piece of chalk.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit I have a love/hate relationship with Pancho's. The food can be great one time and another time not so great, same plate. I like hanging out watching music videos and having a coffee. But lately I stopped as people not only smoke cigs in there, but also cigars. I'm not against smoking if you need to, but wouldnt it be polite to go outside? I do appreciate the groceries, but as I say, the food has been so inconsistent that I feel like giving up on it. I'm not a hater, probably will still patronize infrequently, but being an ex smoker, I gag when trying eat around that. Reminds me of the greasy spoon dives of the old days, the smoking ughh

I have not been back to eat in the restaurant since I ordered a caesar salad and they used, not Romaine, but KALE. Inexcusable. I would have preferred to be told that they were out of romaine and did I want to make another choice.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Contrary to Pancho's deaf ears, we aren't competitors, nor are we looking to see him shut down. What we ARE, however, is a couple that won't return as diners. Why? The food is average, at best (and that's being kind). Sadly, the service isn't very good. Food has arrived cold or not properly prepared.  As something small, but showing the lack of attention to details, when I order a cappuccino and clearly say, in both Spanish and English, that I don't want any cinnamon on it and the waiter brings it back LOADED, well...it goes downhill from there. Taking it back and wiping it off and then bringing the exact same glass back to me, with cinnamon still clinging, doesn't do the job. Asking for salt and pepper or a steak knife means that the waiter disappears and you won't see him again until the bill arrives. And having to constantly remind the waiter that a glass of ice water was requested three trips ago (and mentioned 3x) gets old, fast.  We gave the place several chances, but as someone else mentioned, there are so many other places that consistently deliver. Pancho's is not it. 

I'd like to think that Pancho would read all of these comments and realize that people would like to be able to support his business, but his arrogant dismissal of our complaints just ensures that that's not going to happen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MtnMama said:

This is most frustrating. I buy a few items at Panchos but several are on the far side of the restaurant. I have a horrible time walking through cigarette or cigar smoke. My asthma kicks in and I can hardly breathe. I guess I'll have to do without.

I'm a cigarette smoker myself, but I would never light up inside a restaurant or even near the door. I can sort of understand why a smoker wouldn't want to have to stand outside to have a smoke if the establishment allowed smoking and it was freezing cold outside, but there's no excuse for making others breathe your smoke in when you live somewhere the weather is pleasant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We eat at the restaurant several times a week.....I am sure that some of you missed the fact that this part of the facility is :"outside."  There is no roof over it....there are several entrances where you can transit from one side to the other. My wife is on a portable O2 machine and we can easily avoid smokers by sitting away from them as needed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yo1 said:

On Dec 18 there will be no smoking in any restaurant without completely walling the smoking area off from the rest of the restaurant.  Many places will just ban smoking all together because of the cost involved in adhering to the law.

Thankfully for a lot of us smokers most restaurants have an outdoor area. I enjoy a purro and my wife cigaros .

27 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Thankfully for a lot of us smokers most restaurants have an outdoor area. I enjoy a purro and my wife cigaros .

Looks like you can enjoy your smokes, but no drinks or food in smoking areas.  The separate entrance requirement could be an issue for some restaurants.  

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/55719-secondhand-smoke-laws-to-take-effect-in-december

Secondhand smoke laws to take effect in December

Published: 24 September 2020

Written by GR Staff

The Jalisco State Congress has approved the new Law on Protection Against Exposure to Tobacco Smoke, which comes into force on December 18.

This means that restaurants and bars will no longer be allowed to operate smoking areas that are not 100-percent sealed off from the rest of the customers.

Smoking zones in such establishments must be outdoors and have independent entrances. Food or drinks cannot be served in these areas, in order to protect staff members, the law states.

The new law bans smoking in all closed physical areas with access to the public, and extends to public squares (plazas); beaches; parks; lagoons; recreation centers; sports arenas, courts and stadiums; water parks and schoolyards.

Workplace prohibitions include hallways, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, bathrooms, lavatories, lounges, dining rooms and cafeterias.

The ban also includes electronic vapor devices with or without nicotine.

Smoking will also be prohibited in all vehicles used to transport people for commercial, work, school or other purposes, as well as vehicles owned by any of the three levels of government (municipal, state and federal).

According to the new legislation, the owners, administrators or managers of spaces that fall foul of the laws will be fined jointly with the offenders.

6 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Looks like you can enjoy your smokes, but no drinks or food in smoking areas.  The separate entrance requirement could be an issue for some restaurants.  

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/regional/55719-secondhand-smoke-laws-to-take-effect-in-december

Secondhand smoke laws to take effect in December

Published: 24 September 2020

Written by GR Staff

The Jalisco State Congress has approved the new Law on Protection Against Exposure to Tobacco Smoke, which comes into force on December 18.

This means that restaurants and bars will no longer be allowed to operate smoking areas that are not 100-percent sealed off from the rest of the customers.

Smoking zones in such establishments must be outdoors and have independent entrances. Food or drinks cannot be served in these areas, in order to protect staff members, the law states.

The new law bans smoking in all closed physical areas with access to the public, and extends to public squares (plazas); beaches; parks; lagoons; recreation centers; sports arenas, courts and stadiums; water parks and schoolyards.

Workplace prohibitions include hallways, elevators, stairwells, parking lots, bathrooms, lavatories, lounges, dining rooms and cafeterias.

The ban also includes electronic vapor devices with or without nicotine.

Smoking will also be prohibited in all vehicles used to transport people for commercial, work, school or other purposes, as well as vehicles owned by any of the three levels of government (municipal, state and federal).

According to the new legislation, the owners, administrators or managers of spaces that fall foul of the laws will be fined jointly with the offenders.

We hardly ever go to restaurants, in any event. Easy to make it zero.