Chapala.com Webboard

INM Changes

Sonia

INM is doing away with the need for infantile size photos. When one goes for finger prints and signatures they will also take your photo and eye scan. Once done, you leave with your visa. This is now in effect in San Miguel (and likely other INM offices) and in time throughout Mexico. 

• Thanks 2

Now in San Miguel and Riviera Nayarit, you may submit FMM renewal and any visa process (except a first visa with a consulate pre-approval) and you will have finger prints and visa all in same day. This is coming to all of Mexico.

Expected later is the office will require appointments.

22 hours ago, Sonia said:

Now in San Miguel and Puerto Vallarta, submit FMM renewal and any visa process and you will have finger prints and visa all in same day. This is coming to all of Mexico.

Sonia, I've had difficulties with two different banks in getting my fingerprints to "read" on their fingerprint readers.  I understand that my fingerprints have pretty much worn away with the passage of time!  Weird, no?   But apparently true.

On October 5, I have an appointment with INE to update my credencial.  Can you offer me any advance pointers or alternatives if my fingerprints refuse to register on their readers?

1 hour ago, More Liana said:

Sonia, I've had difficulties with two different banks in getting my fingerprints to "read" on their fingerprint readers.  I understand that my fingerprints have pretty much worn away with the passage of time!  Weird, no?   But apparently true.

On October 5, I have an appointment with INE to update my credencial.  Can you offer me any advance pointers or alternatives if my fingerprints refuse to register on their readers?

Not weird, More Liana.  Last month had this issue at Drivers License office in Chapla.  Tried every machine in office, multiple times.  Finally they "took."  5 years ago at a TSA office for Global Entry I had the same problem, but not nearly as drawn out as in Chapala.  The TSA officer told me he sees this often in people over 60, more often by far with women, he said.  He attributed it to women using more cleaners over their lifetimes.  Quien sabe.

After I returned from the Drivers License episode, I googled it; here are some hints. Other sites also advocate moisturizers, and to avoid alcohol-based hand sanitizers for a few days prior.  At the Chapala office the workers kept telling me to press harder (mas fuerte!), but I have read that is the opposite of what one should do when they have scanner issues.  A lighter touch, with a few days of prior moisturizing seems to be the standard recommendation. 

Buena suerte!  

https://mn.gov/boards/assets/Tips for Improving FP Quality_tcm21-397431.pdf

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, More Liana said:

It should not be an issue. In the same way I have has clients with fingers missing.

• Thanks 1

I can confirm that missing fingers are not an issue.  I have Dupuytren's Contracture in both hands resulting in numerous curled under fingers.  The staff had no issue with fingers that could not be placed on the scanner.  But they were insistent that my usable fingers were indeed scanned.   It took numerous tries at every fingerprint scanner in the office by pretty much every worker and supervisor.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/18/2020 at 9:36 PM, Sonia said:

INM is doing away with the need for infantile size photos. When one goes for finger prints and signatures they will also take your photo and eye scan. Once done, you leave with your visa. This is now in effect in San Miguel (and likely other INM offices) and in time throughout Mexico. 

Hola Sonia and others. Just today, Wednesday, 23/09/20, my wife and went to get our finger prints for our new Residencia Temporal Cards. No issue as expected. However, just as in SMA, the Chapala INM office has done way with infantile photos and blue ink on your fingers! Their INM camera system and finger print pads electronically places the info into their computer.

I do admit it was entertaining watching them adjust for my height (6'7" 2.0 meters) on their first day of photos. Because we were their first they apologized it took them a while to get us completed but said it all worked well. We were told to come back in one week and our Residencia Cards will be ready. Thanks for the heads up Sonia.

In San Miguel, I am obtaining every type of visa and expired FMM renewals in 4 hours or less. This includes consulate pre-approved visas, TR renewals, PR visas. A person, when prepared may renew an expired FMM in half a day and the following day have a TR visa for 1 to 3 years. 

https://www.facebook.com/www.soniadiaz.mx

www.soniadiaz.mx

Thanks Sonia. That will make it easier. One question. I have an address in Barra Navidad, Jal. If I have your agent in PV do my renewal, do I need to change that to an address in PV?  Still in Jalisco. I am guessing the INM office in Melaque still takes 3 weeks or so.

Thanks for the link.  I have filled out the forms but now I am having trouble with the payment page.  I want to pay for 3 years.  I clicked on the Derecho de Residente Temporal (DRT) but it only allows me to pay for one year.  All of the choices for choosing tramite cost appear to be the same.  What do I do now to obtain the form to pay the correct amount?

9 hours ago, jhark said:

Thanks for the link.  I have filled out the forms but now I am having trouble with the payment page.  I want to pay for 3 years.  I clicked on the Derecho de Residente Temporal (DRT) but it only allows me to pay for one year.  All of the choices for choosing tramite cost appear to be the same.  What do I do now to obtain the form to pay the correct amount?

Don't bother doing the payment page. When your application is approved at your local IMN office they printout the payment form which you take to a bank and pay. Very straight forward and simple to do.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, telcoman said:

Thanks Sonia. That will make it easier. One question. I have an address in Barra Navidad, Jal. If I have your agent in PV do my renewal, do I need to change that to an address in PV?  Still in Jalisco. I am guessing the INM office in Melaque still takes 3 weeks or so.

Sorry I just saw this. Teresa Sanchez represents me in PV and Riviera Nayarit. Email: marinvallarte@gmail.com. 322-303-2623. She is bilingual and great feedback from her clients.