Chapala.com Webboard

New Fish Shop In Chapala

AngusMactavish

Just discovered behind Chapala's Mercado a new pescadaria. The lady claiming ownership obviously knows what the foreigners expect of a fish market and it shows. The shop is worth a visit when in the area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Upfront said:

thanks for the good info. now can you give me gps coordinats pleeze because i refus to use goog and id ont know where the chapala mercado is. is that a tianguis or a market or what. also a map would be nice. and the hours of operation plus ownership name plus pesonal experience blus the exact types of fish they has and if its precut or whole and from which part of which ocean.

Bla, bla, bla!!! You are soo boring...and for someone who promotes "check with Google" I would think that you would know that Google also has a SPELL CHECK!!! Maybe you should also put down the the glass...a little early huh???

12 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

It is actually a freshwater shrimp.  Found in some streams feeding into the Gulf of California, but easily farm raised. 

shell·fish

an aquatic shelled mollusk (e.g. an oyster or cockle) or crustacean (e.g. a crab or shrimp), especially one that is edible.

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

It is actually a freshwater shrimp.  Found in some streams feeding into the Gulf of California, but easily farm raised. 

The legal season for these is short. I believe that they inhabit streams all along the Pacific coast. Had some in a Zihuatanejo restaurant. Very tasty.

The shop is called Boca Mar and it is owned/operated by my neighbor & his family; he goes to the fish market in GDL every morning to get fresh stock.
pulled this from the FB page -

PESCADERÍA BOCA MAR!! !! 🐟 🍤 🐠 🦞
JUAREZ # 547 BEHIND PLAZA CHAPALA, FRESH SEA FOOD, DELICIOUSNESS, SOOO CLEAN, BEST PRICE AND QUALITY!!!
BUY YOUR PRODUCT AND THEY COOK IT THERE FOR YOU FOR A LOW PRICE!!!
BEST OPTION IN TOWN.
PICK UP SERVICE:
33 3166 8800
33 1320 8225
SOON DELIVERY SERVICE ...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2