Chapala.com Webboard

computer service charges

Do service guys who visit the house charges by the number of items/problems fixed , by the hour ?

Last year I had I guy visit my house and his fee for less than an hour was 300 pesos

Last week I collect a guy from his office and returned him back, he fixed 4 problems/issues  and he charged me 750 pesos, which I thought a bit expensive..but maybe I am out of touch with reality 

Well, then it depends on the service guy - we charge by the hour and depending on the location, MX$ 350 / 450 / 600 and MX$ 250 ea/addt'l hour regardless the first charge, and we take care of everything 'we get throw at...'
Lakeside CompuShop+Repair, 332 340 7501, Hidalgo 77-3, Riberas del Pilar - 4 spots west of new Pancho's Deli Market...

Just now, LUIS ALGARIN said:

Well, then it depends on the service guy - we charge by the hour and depending on the location, MX$ 350 / 450 / 600 and MX$ 250 ea/addt'l hour regardless the first charge, and we take care of everything 'we get throw at...'
Lakeside CompuShop+Repair, 332 340 7501, Hidalgo 77-3, Riberas del Pilar - 4 spots west of new Pancho's Deli Market...

Thank you, next time I will contact you

I have used a number of different computer fix it people. Some have a set (by time or job or?) rate. Others seem to  just charge as much as they think you will pay.  

5 hours ago, cedros said:

I have used a number of different computer fix it people. Some have a set (by time or job or?) rate. Others seem to  just charge as much as they think you will pay.  

I guess I came under the "as much as they think you will pay" I will put this guy in the same bag as the dishonest Gasliquido guys!!

On 8/29/2020 at 11:32 PM, lakeside7 said:

I guess I came under the "as much as they think you will pay" I will put this guy in the same bag as the dishonest Gasliquido guys!!

And we're putting yo in the same bag as gringos who don't deserve to live here.

The answer to your question is, they'll charge you whatever they want you to charge. Didn't you ask how much is was going to be before? No? So, your problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:02 PM, lakeside7 said:

I was asking a question and not a lecture..pls go back and read the question..any problem with that???

Hahaha. Yes, obviously they did have a problem with that. Telling you that you are cheap ### and informing you about the reality of the situation is not a lecture. Seriously, you people come here and expect everything to be dirt-### just just 'cause it's Mexico and you're hiring Mexicans.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, LUIS ALGARIN said:

i sue luis and he the best , he gets the job done, i he reasonable, but once in a while i have a major problem with a computer, since he gets the job done , i pat what he asks

he understand the word service   less ice and more serve