Chapala.com Webboard

propane rip-off

I should have known better!

A Tomza truck arrived and the driver asked if I needed gas....his english was flawless. I told him that I used "Hector" as my usual delivery drive and he said..."I know". I stood with him as the meter was reset to ZERO and the hose was already hooked to my intake pipe. Then he handed me a receipt. It was faded as if the ink ribbon needed changing.....I went, as I always did, and checked my tank. No gas had been put in. I called Hector and he said it was a scam and I was the victim. He made some calls and the company called me back and said another truck would be here and put the proper amount of gas in my tank at no additional charge. The truck number on the bill is not correct  but after I sent them a copy they again said they will make good on my loss.....lesson?.......I was too sure of myself and dropped my guard....the invoice couldn't be read and I should of demanded a clear one. Plus....I should have waited for my regular driver.

Edited by Fred Habacht
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I had a similar problem with this company several months ago. The driver put in 285 ltrs in a 300 ltr tank that already was 1/3 full. My wife was the victim as she had checked his receipt and paid him. I wrote to the company but never received any reply.

I find that talking to people on the phone like this gets me much better results....in this case, I called the regular driver and said that he could count us as "gone"as a customer and he got his supervisor to call me. They now are sending another supervisor in the morning to pick up the phony receipt. Actually, customer service here and in the USA has virtually disappeared.....it should be called "customer NO service."

That Tomza truck ripped me off too..receipt said more gas than the tank would hold.   I only use Zeta gas now...have converted to solar panels and water heaters, induction cooktop will be next.   No need to use gas anymore. 

9 hours ago, tkessler said:

That Tomza truck ripped me off too..receipt said more gas than the tank would hold.   I only use Zeta gas now...have converted to solar panels and water heaters, induction cooktop will be next.   No need to use gas anymore. 

You'll love the induction cook top. I switched to an electric wall oven and induction cook-top two years ago. Now I can get a slow simmer and very accurate oven temperatures.

Now my only propane use is for a clothes dryer and my BBQ. My last tankful of propane lasted over one year. Of course I have full solar installed 8 years ago.

SunFan

13 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Use zeta gas 

For me it's ALL about the driver, and nothing about which company.  We've used Juan thru 3 different gas companies over 19 years (before that the company across from old Salvador's, but they let us down too many times) .... his current truck is Tomza but makes no difference. He gives exactly what I ask for and is always most accommodating.  Poor Juan.... with solar hot water we take months and months to even use 1/2 tank... but he delivers the same cheerful smile every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

So SunFan... how do your like your electric bills after making that switch?

Haven't paid more than the 48 peso administration charge in over 8 years and i have a bunch of kilowatts banked, 22 panels.

I calculate it paid off after 4 years on CFE charges and now I'm offsetting propane costs as well.

...and solar water heating as well of course.

SunFan

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 8/29/2020 at 10:28 AM, Natasha said:

For me it's ALL about the driver, and nothing about which company.  We've used Juan thru 3 different gas companies over 19 years (before that the company across from old Salvador's, but they let us down too many times) .... his current truck is Tomza but makes no difference. He gives exactly what I ask for and is always most accommodating.  Poor Juan.... with solar hot water we take months and months to even use 1/2 tank... but he delivers the same cheerful smile every time.

Is your Juan a larger man with a happy way about him always dressed in denim with smaller side kick on the ladder detail. If so, I challenged him once on short changing me 100pesos, he pulled out a bill & handed it over. On review I discovered he had not shorted me so I handed it back. He just smiled. I only fill up once a year now with our new pilotless hot water heater. Our Juan was with Los Altos when we last used him, however he has been with several different companies in the past 11 yrs. Always the same cell phone number thank goodness!

• 1 year later...

It is such simple basic math to determine how many liters of propane or gasoline you need for your tank. If people would just tell them how many liters to put in, it would be next to impossible to fake a receipt for those quantities. Have done that since 1997 and never a problem with gasoline for car or propane for house.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2020 at 10:31 AM, Yo1 said:

I've used Juan for 15 years and never been cheated.  333/971-0630

What area does Juan service?