Chapala.com Webboard

Tomahawk Steak

liquipure

6 minutes ago, #HarryB said:

While in college I met a wealthy international meat importer. He said in Australia they have beaters go through the bush and whatever comes out goes in the brine to make corned beef. Obviously, I never forgot that statement.

You're not aware that you had your leg pulled?   I bet somebody invited you on a snipe hunt and you went. Wrong thread for corned beef, by the way.

It seems rather fiendish for someone to shoot snipe for pleasure or sustenance. They are a family of pretty, little birds. Better off to save the price of a hunting license/ammunition and buy a turkey.

Dry aging is so easy these days with Umai bags, especially if you have a vacuum machine. I have done it many times now, but sending pictures of food you are about to eat is just - - - weird.

https://www.eatthis.com/american-foods-products-banned-in-other-countries/

19 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

It seems rather fiendish for someone to shoot snipe for pleasure or sustenance. They are a family of pretty, little birds. Better off to save the price of a hunting license/ammunition and buy a turkey.

Dry aging is so easy these days with Umai bags, especially if you have a vacuum machine. I have done it many times now, but sending pictures of food you are about to eat is just - - - weird.

You like to google everything so I suggest that you google SNIPE HUNT JOKE which has been around since the1840's,   so that you don't dig yourself deeper into a morass of meaninglessness . Have you ever been sent for 50 ft. of shoreline to tie up a Boy Scout group's canoes? Based on your posts here ,I have reservations about your claim that you have dry aged anything. SNORK!

boozy the clown aka pedro the magnificent 011.jpg

• Haha 1

All that was left of the tomahawk steak!  I think 8 of us shared the meat--it was fantastic.  (Among us, we also ate almost everything else on the menu.  We were invited by the owner of the restaurant!)

Ricardo con Hueso.jpg

22 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Keep consuming meat as a primary food source, rather than as a flavoring, and one day you will look in the mirror and see an emaciated old trainwreck.

Why do you insist on constantly speaking of which you know nothing,Gary chillin sculptari? You are not my doctor or anyone else's. My doctors have approved of my high protein diet and even suggested I take  a daily high protein supplement. I suggest that, to the benefit of your mental health,  you block me again. According to you, your wife's nickname for you is "Randy" from Trailer Park Boys. Now there's a picture of health-jajajajajaja!

3 hours ago, More Liana said:

All that was left of the tomahawk steak!  I think 8 of us shared the meat--it was fantastic.  (Among us, we also ate almost everything else on the menu.  We were invited by the owner of the restaurant!)

Ricardo con Hueso.jpg

Your amigo got the best bit! In Canada were able to order a 5 lb box of beef bones, cut from prime rib roasts, for about $10. Same thing for Turkey wings. They say the meat is more tender towards the shorter ribs. For me, it is all about the flavor. Meat, next to the bone is always the best flavor. But tonight is Tofu night, Tofu is an excellent source of clean green protein. I think the Koreans have come up with the best Tofu recipes. Even though Korean Mapo Tofu is different than the original from Szechuan.

10 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Keep consuming meat as a primary food source, rather than as a flavoring, and one day you will look in the mirror and see an emaciated old trainwreck.

How much longer, on top of my 80 some years do I have to wait for this phenomenon to happen?  Many days, I eat only meat, and today was one of them.

Oh well, I guess if I live long enough there might be a chance...…...:D:D:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, slainte39 said:

How much longer, on top of my 80 some years do I have to wait for this phenomenon to happen?  Many days, I eat only meat, and today was one of them.

I don't know, lets ask the experts, the World Health Org. for example.

https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/healthy-diet

Our bodies were designed to be omnivores, not carnivores.

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, slainte39 said:

Your appropriate sarcasm, slaine39, sailed right over his head-SNORK!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...