Chapala.com Webboard

Paying CFE online

CalGal

I have been trying to pay my CFE bill online as I usually do, but it will not accept any of my credit/ATM cards this time.  Is anyone else having that problem??  I have been trying for 3 days now.  And, yes I do know I can pay at an Oxxo and other places.

People in "small towns" receive the bill at their house. Thus they know how much to pay. Also many people have cell phones and can access easily via the federal website or the CFE website. 

The reason so many people are delinquent is cultural. "The government is corrupt so I don't need to pay"

There is a huge number of non-payers in AMLO's home state who have never been cut off.

On 8/15/2020 at 10:10 AM, CalGal said:

I have been trying to pay my CFE bill online as I usually do, but it will not accept any of my credit/ATM cards this time.  Is anyone else having that problem??  I have been trying for 3 days now.  And, yes I do know I can pay at an Oxxo and other places.

I never was able to pay online, so had to go to Oxxo to pay.  This is Mexico!!!

Once you successfully paid using a credit card, there is a button on the screen that allows you to subscribe your payment. Once selected you are then on auto-pay and no longer have to worry about the system refusing your attempt. 

The end date of my last bill was August 12. CFE has not yet charged my card but will likely do so soon.