Chapala.com Webboard

Stay Vigilant, The Virus is Here

The following letter was sent to members of the Racquet Club so please continue to practice caution as the Virus Trojan Horse has arrived from Guadalajara;

Last Wednesday, a person who was diagnosed with COVID-19 over the weekend was playing on the tennis courts. She lives in Guadalajara. Some of the workers had contact with her and all the workers had contact with each other, so they can be a source of contagion for other people. Due to the above and given the danger that this represents for the members of the Raquet Club, I communicate you that the club’s facilities will be closed for the next two weeks August 10 (today) to 23 (will, be Sunday). The workers, as we did at the beginning of the pandemic, will go through a sanitary filter every day and will continue to work each in their area without having contact with each other. The reason is that we cannot stop supplying water and we cannot stop keeping the facilities clean and in good condition. I appeal to your understanding for this decision. Les agradezco mucho sus atenciones. Atentamente

• Thanks 2

I feel the limiting of Tapatios should be reinstated. Ajijic village on weekends is being populated with tapatios who do not wear masks and gather in large groups. I feel the mayor needs to step in to stop tapatios who do not have homes here from coming in.  No bringing all your friends for the weekend

JMO

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

I feel the limiting of Tapatios should be reinstated. Ajijic village on weekends is being populated with tapatios who do not wear masks and gather in large groups. I feel the mayor needs to step in to stop tapatios who do not have homes here from coming in.  No bringing all your friends for the weekend

JMO

The reality is that many Tapitio's have homes here, certainly that is the case in the RC

There has been no upsurge in cases here since Chapala was "opened up" a few weeks ago. As of Monday Chapala has 4 active cases with 5 awaiting test results. Jocotepec (where Raquet is located) has 3 active cases with 2 awaiting test results. 

For comparison on July 2nd Chapala had 2 active cases and Jocotepec 8 active cases  

• Like 1