Chapala.com Webboard

Disappointed with Ilox

jojana

For the last two months I endured nothing but problems with them. I have sent countless emails all to be told to check my devices and that my network is "observed correctly" I am a Twitch streamer and after 1.5 hours today with a service technician here and one on the phone I have now been told that Ilox doesn't support live streaming to platforms such as Twitch. It was working before and now they have just cut off the ability for me to do my live streaming. My live stream is my only source of income and now I cannot do it all thanks to Ilox and their crap business etiquette.

1 minute ago, AngusMactavish said:

Wouldn't a VPN solve your problem?

I have tried a VPN and unfortunately it creates a bigger problem. My bitrate for upload Twitch requires at least 3-5mbps. I cannot go above 1.5mbps and with that my live stream looks like a blurry mess. 

I don't know about streaming but today was the first time I've seen ILOX remove the throttling of torrent downloads. Normally it tops out at either 2mb/second or 10 but today it was running a full 25mb+/second. A 2.5gb file took 2 minutes to download.

Normally to attain those speeds I had to start my Nord VPN which would seem to imply that a VPN would bypass anything ILOX is doing to slow inbound or outbound traffic.

I will make it clear that Ilox told me on the phone that they are throttling my upload connection to services that are bandwidth intensive. When I signed up I had asked if their service was unlimited and I was told it was unlimited. So they have lied to me and I am extremely unhappy that another fraudulent business practice has evolved in the village. I spent months thinking that maybe it was something in my settings and I lost a lot of time and sanity emailing support back and forth all to be fed lies with them fully knowing that they were throttling my upload. I wish there was other ISP's that could compete with Ilox but unfortunately most companies that offer high speed internet see the lakeside as a waste of time and money. On a side note to show that they wanted to resolve my issue they said that if I don't want to have my upload speed throttled they advised me to sign up for TelMex (another joke of a company).

They throttle all folks upload speed now .   I get 300 down but only 30 up.  It use to be 60 or so going up. This is using a wired connection. This started about a month or so ago.   Luckily I don't care but I understand that  you care.  FYI Lakeside TV offers a streaming TV service that works with ILOX. Also Google and Netflix work with ILOX also. Hope you find a solution to your problem.

I get high speed results as well and my speed tests show that I have great upload however Ilox has stated that they are deliberately throttling to specific site services that they deem are bandwidth intensive. I had no problem 2 months ago and now I have found out the reason and its funny that when I look for answers online people say to just get your ISP to change your route for traffic and it gets done. Unfortunately that is not the case here with Ilox, here any complaints fall on deaf ears and if you cancel then its still a "oh well, who cares". I hope one day business protocol will be truthful and not be deceitful in their tactics to get your pesos. 

On 8/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, jojana said:

I have tried a VPN and unfortunately it creates a bigger problem.

Not all VPNs are equal. I am convinced that Ilox throttles streaming if you don't have a VPN.

John Shrall said above that Ilox throttles torrent downloads.

You obviously need a good VPN to hide your upload destination.

Test a few different VPNs on your uploads; StrongVPN works for my needs.

By the way I think Ilox guaranteed me 100 down and 70 up when I signed up 2 years ago; never got better than 40 up from day one and they have never done anything to improve it; today 90 down and 22 up through StrongVPN.

Where/who is nperf?  Looking at the 'English' that is provided on their website, they are NOT a country that is native English speaking.... and probably not German, Spanish etc. Their grammar is not consistent with 'someone' who speaks English.

Just Curious. 

EDIT:  Looks like they are a French company....

11 hours ago, jojana said:

.... they advised me to sign up for TelMex (another joke of a company).

I have Telmex fiber connection and I am very happy. I am getting exactly what I pay for; 50 down and 20 up. And a clear reliable phone service. Do lots of streaming and torrents. No problem.

• Like 1