Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex Download/Upload Speeds Increased?

Denver

Finally got my new unrequested Telmex modem delivered. For a few days same old/same old. Tonight I did my regular speed test. What happened? My down speed doubled, my upload speed went up 10x. 

New speeds: 17.2 down, 4.25 up! 

Same 389 pesos/month. Did I miss something from Telmex? Any one else? 

From living in different parts of Ajijic sadly it depends where live. I remember having terrible internet near Walmart years ago and they came in installing fiber on libramiento and next thing you know we had excellent internet. Now where I live every rainy season it goes out. Every rain. I have tried to get them out for 2 years. My neighbors continues with rain but not mine. I have to wait a few hours after the rain stops for service again.

One day a year or two ago, I did a speed test and all of a sudden it more than doubled and I was getting very close to 20Mb/sec down by almost 5 up. I am, located in upper West Ajijic and I am 1070 meters from my DSLAM card which appears to be located at the Telmex Ajijic office, How do I know the distance? I don't. That is what shows up on my account at the Telmex office when they check my account on one of their computers and that happens to be about how far I live from the Telmex office in Ajijic.

So, yes Telmex is increasing their speeds in order to keep more customers.

For rain problems with  Telmex check on the roof where the line comes in from the street.   You should see a plastic box,  "connections inside"

check it and make sure it is not allowing rain to enter.  Worked for me .  

• Like 1