Chapala.com Webboard

New Tex/Mex restaurant coming

lakeside7

We are in Janelle's on Friday evening and met a couple of guys who plan to open a Tex?Mex restaurant on Guadalupe Victoria in August. One of the guys was Mexican who claimed to have family in the US and Guadalajara restaurant business. He stressed the restaurant would be a "real" Tex/Mex place. So how popular do you think it will be??

• Like 1

The OP asked for an opinion as to whether it will succeed. What difference does it make where a respondent now lives if said respondent has some knowledge of the topic? The OP was just asking for opinions, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

The OP asked for an opinion as to whether it will succeed. What difference does it make where a respondent now lives if said respondent has some knowledge of the topic? The OP was just asking for opinions, lol.

Recent knowledge is of import to this area-no?  It probably will appeal to a percentage of ferners and thereby not last.

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Recent knowledge is of import to this area-no?  It probably will appeal to a percentage of ferners and thereby not last.

Well he just moved last month. Not recent enough? El Serape had mostly ferners and a few Mexicans and did fairly well.

I agree with Wookie if it is really Tex Mex food I will be a regular customer.  This is something lacking Lakeside but I am not sure Canadians will enjoy and there are a lot more of them eating here than people from the southwest USA.

That is my block and there is no restaurant construction going on here, just M and J pizza...unless it is going to be in the framing store as they a putting in some new bathrooms...and I have the largest casa on the street, and all food cooked here is for me, Chicka and Kitty...