Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for Doberman puppies

Withing a short period of time, I might be interested in one maybe two Dobermans. A female for sure and possibly a male as well. Anyone know any breeders in area or in Guadalajara. It would need tail already cropped, if ears were done or started even better, not too young 8 weeks or older.  American Doberman preferred. 

Any leads would be helpful, please do not share with me your opinions of just adopt a stray dog.  I have done rescues and adoption, I am on my last dogs and want Dobermans. 

Thanks! 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Why do people insist on amputating parts of dogs' bodies? It's horrible.

9 hours ago, El Menudo said:

Disgusting 

How are these comments helpful to the OP?

(I do realize some expats have to respond to Every Single Thread)

asking for a friend.

• Like 3

Dobermans here don’t seem to enjoy the popularity they do in the States.  American preferred is somewhat ambiguous.    If your referring to style they, the Doberman, are pretty much the same all over north and south America.

You can go to the FCM website (Mexican Kennel Club) and click on eventos.  To my knowledge most of the shows have been cancelled.   But a dog show is the best place to go to see what’s available in terms of a breeder.

i would be very surprised if a reputable breeder would sell you both a male and a female as the implication that you want to breed them is something a good breeder would avoid.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mattoleriver said:

Does your anti-cropping fervor extend to baby boys as well?

Who are you asking? I expressed no fervor for or against cropping. I just made clear it can not be compared to a hair cut. Have fun down in this rabbit hole. I will not be chasing you down it.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:59 PM, bezerk said:

Withing a short period of time, I might be interested in one maybe two Dobermans. A female for sure and possibly a male as well. Anyone know any breeders in area or in Guadalajara. It would need tail already cropped, if ears were done or started even better, not too young 8 weeks or older.  American Doberman preferred. 

sent you a pm this morning

Ear and tail cropping has been banned in the UK, Australia and most European countries. There were various reasons for cropping when the dogs were working breeds, such as long ears getting caught and damaged, but most of these reasons are long gone.

For example, Pembrook Welsh Corgi tails were supposedly cropped because in the Middle Ages the English put a tax on livestock and counted tails. Poor Welsh farmers cropped the tails of their little farm dogs to save money. The truth of this are lost in the mists of time, but the tail cropping has become an unfortunate tradition.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ear copping is actually supposedly banned in Mexico as well..... and I know of veterinarians who refuse to do it. But I also know that some will, and show kennels seem to have the ability to skirt around this issue with no repercussions both in Guad and in Mexico City..

11 hours ago, mattoleriver said:

Does your anti-cropping fervor extend to baby boys as well?

Yes. It's a bizarre and vile concept to cut pieces off of humans or animals because of some "tradition", the reasons for which may have been thought warranted at some time in history but have no validity today. 

• Like 1