Chapala.com Webboard

what's open?

16 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Hiking trails opened some time  ago.

Is anyone using the hiking trails ?  The hiking group has disband due to threats from the local ejido and indigenous people who are intending to impose fees to anyone using the trails once they reopen. There was an article about this in the May 16 edition of the Guad reporter. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, happyjillin said:

I  will confirm Cristiana tennis  perhaps this afternoon. Lupe  told me on Monday that his wife and son, who operate the proshop and maintain the courts, that they have been called back to work today,July 1.

They've gone back to work but won't be open until Monday of next week.

9 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

Is anyone using the hiking trails ?  The hiking group has disband due to threats from the local ejido and indigenous people who are intending to impose fees to anyone using the trails once they reopen. There was an article about this in the May 16 edition of the Guad reporter. 

Several entry points to the trails. Are the ejido groups planning to have someone at each entry point to collect fees?

29 minutes ago, InChapala1 said:

Several entry points to the trails. Are the ejido groups planning to have someone at each entry point to collect fees?

I have no idea,  But if it’s the same group that took over the airport parking awhile back and toll booths they will be wanting money to pass. if you can get hold of a copy of the  May 16-22 copy of the Guad reporter there is a write up on it on page 8.  From talking with one of the organizers of the hiking group I was told they disbanded the group because they didn’t want to get into a confrontation with these people . 

It is not the same group as the airport. Completely different ejido. 

I would suggest visiting the elders in San Antonio and becoming friends with them. In my experience the indigenous here are very easy to get along with. 

Yes they have held up a couple of projects here and extracted money to go away, but it is always someone with deep pockets. A hiking group should have no problem.