Chapala.com Webboard

need someone to make drapes

While I read you are asking for a local person, I do want to let you know (if you don't already) that Telas Parasina in GDL has a wonderful service.  We've used them throughout the years and have been very pleased with the quality of their work and the price - FREE, works great for us.  We purchased the fabric, chose the design from their photos and computer system, gave them the measurements and in about 2 weeks, they were ready for pickup.  We only paid for the fabric, the labor was free. :)

Clearly, this would require a trip to GDL to choose your fabric, style and give the dimensions but for us, it worked great.

Cheers and Salud!

Val :)

I would highly recommend a lady named Rosario. She is right in the heart of Ajijic. When i first got here full time 12 years ago i needed window dressings for my house. I wanted a very Mexican look and not full drapes but top and half sides. She does not drive but you can pick her up and she will gladly look at your house and listen to what you want. Her shop/workshop is on Ocampo west of Colon on the North side almost to the next block. You will see an open front and counter and she will be on her sewing machine in the corner. Sorry, I do not have a phone number, but you cannot go wrong with her and tell her Dennis sent you!  

8 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I would highly recommend a lady named Rosario. She is right in the heart of Ajijic. When i first got here full time 12 years ago i needed window dressings for my house. I wanted a very Mexican look and not full drapes but top and half sides. She does not drive but you can pick her up and she will gladly look at your house and listen to what you want. Her shop/workshop is on Ocampo west of Colon on the North side almost to the next block. You will see an open front and counter and she will be on her sewing machine in the corner. Sorry, I do not have a phone number, but you cannot go wrong with her and tell her Dennis sent you!  

(Reading from her card from two years ago here) - Rosario Marquez at 15 B Ocampo, again, west of Colon about half a block, and on the north side of the street.  No sign, just a small open storefront. Pretty busy in 2018.