Chapala.com Webboard

Filing a Denuncia

Zeb

In order to find a missing person a Denuncia needs to be filed.  I have been told only a family member can do this.  I'd like to know what the law actually says and if this is true.  What someone has no family?  What if family is in another country?

Perhaps Spencer can answer this.

from website state of Jalisco :

Quién puede realizarlo?

• Representante legal
  • Interesado
  • Padres
  • Cualquier persona, en caso de ser menor de edad debe hacerse acompañar por un adulto.

https://tramites.jalisco.gob.mx/tramite/26788

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Interesado--Does that mean any interested person?

I would say party concerned, claimant

in the PDF of the website is also a phone number :

Teléfono: (33) 38376000

They make it very tough, they try to dissuade reports.  We have been run around twice and the last time had to threaten the head of missing persons with arrest if she would not accept the papers of the report.  They have it so convoluted, there is kidnapping, abduction and 2 other forms and then if the victim is a woman they try to make you file with woman´s crimes. One needs to be tough and not accept their BS.  They will say oh go to the other crimes agency (where there they send you off to on of the other agencies) or only the head person can take the report and they are not in right now, come back tomorrow, then the next day they are not there and refuse to accept any papers.  

Their web site is wrong and so incompetent.  Interested party?  Hey, I cannot find myself, they kidnapped me, can you please investigate?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also if you have the person phone number you can ask them to check ther phone records when you do the denuncia.. That may give clues.. Unfortunately , they will not share what they findout IF they actually follow up.. It is really discouraging to look for someone here..

Imo and experience, including a lot of wasted money paid, the only reason I would file anything with the ministerial publico would be if I was required to by your homeowners insurance in order to make it claim.

Even if you get all of the paperwork done, the chances are slim and none did anyone is going to do any investigation.

If it were me, I would post  notice is all over the place  offering a substantial reward for information leading to finding the person.

When it comes to coronavirus they are saying this is a. Of self responsibility, I believe that applies to everything, if you want something done right, or even at all, do it yourself or with the help of Neighbors. Don't count down the government, it has more important things to do I will let you figure out what those things are. What is a what

• Like 1

no it is not a waste of time or money to file a denuncia and it s your duty to file one , without it the chances of people getting away for what they did is even greater....I would enroll the help of SPencer  for reporting and maybe some type of investigator if Spencer knows one worth the money. I sure would not offer money in general, people are not pet and you need to offer a whole lot money  which makes you appear on the radar of not so nice people..

• Like 3

92% of crimes go unsolved/unpunished according to what I have read on the government stats.

Even when the wheels are greased at the M.P., chances are you get nothing. IME, same for hiring an attorney, unless the attorney has an "in" and grease.

The group of people that were rescued from the house in Ajijic I believe had someone we are looking for.  The police that handled the raid knows where the victims were taken for care.  Who will out that information?

On 6/28/2020 at 6:16 PM, Intercasa said:

They make it very tough, they try to dissuade reports.  We have been run around twice and the last time had to threaten the head of missing persons with arrest if she would not accept the papers of the report.  They have it so convoluted, there is kidnapping, abduction and 2 other forms and then if the victim is a woman they try to make you file with woman´s crimes. One needs to be tough and not accept their BS.  They will say oh go to the other crimes agency (where there they send you off to on of the other agencies) or only the head person can take the report and they are not in right now, come back tomorrow, then the next day they are not there and refuse to accept any papers.  

Their web site is wrong and so incompetent.  Interested party?  Hey, I cannot find myself, they kidnapped me, can you please investigate?

I am hoping you know the answer to the question I posted below.  The victims that were held hostage at the home in West Ajijic. Police rescued them.  Where were the ones that needed medical care taken?  Police knows where they all are.  How to find out?

Only their family can ask, they can go to ministerio publico in Chapala but may be forced to go to the circus missing persons in Guadalajara

14 hours ago, Intercasa said:

Only their family can ask, they can go to ministerio publico in Chapala but may be forced to go to the circus missing persons in Guadalajara

1. What if there is no family?

2. The site does say an interested party.  Someone else was able to do it, now the question is whom to ask about where the rescued people were taken?

Go to a denuncia and if you speak good Spanish  make friends with the people there and asjk them what you can do about it, sometimes it works..

Forget the attitude what if , it does not work..

My cleaning ladt n Chiapas asked me for help as her daughter in law was skizo and was allowed to keep her child for hr mental health.. So one day she did something that brought in the pokice, she was taken to an asylum and the 4 year old disappeared.. We looked for him for 4 days and no one wanted to help  The women was the grand-mother and it was almost impossible to get information but talking to neighbors an dong some detective work with the help of people e found him.. When the authority stonewall you you have to do your own detective work and make friends with people who can help.. Maybe you can find the bar tender or the tatoo artist that were with him or her and they may know something