Chapala.com Webboard

TIP

On 6/20/2020 at 10:59 AM, RVGRINGO said:

If you wish to buy a new car, you have two options. One is to drive back to Canada and make the purchase there, before taking the new car to Mexico on a new Importada Temporal.  The other option would be to take a bus to your Mexican destination, and then buy a new car in Mexico (which you will not be allowed to drive in Canada.

As usual RV you are wrong. The subject of cancelling a TIP, other than at the border, has been covered before, it can be done by mail. A good lawyer or your local Mexican Consulate can help.

RV, a registered non resident of Canada can drive a Mexican plated car in Canada for up to 6 months, just as any other tourist can. I am tired of seeing your comments on Canadian law.

• Thanks 3

On 6/23/2020 at 7:15 AM, dave0415 said:

As usual RV you are wrong. The subject of cancelling a TIP, other than at the border, has been covered before, it can be done by mail. A good lawyer or your local Mexican Consulate can help.

RV, a registered non resident of Canada can drive a Mexican plated car in Canada for up to 6 months, just as any other tourist can. I am tired of seeing your comments on Canadian law.

Thank you for that dave.  I agree with you and he is rude and condescending as well.   When I posted earlier this year he was screaming that there was no way I could use a TIP I got in Canada and then applying for my Temp Res. He said I should of only got one at the border and I was doomed to fail.   Spencer's office said there was no problem with getting the TIP in Canada and got my TIP linked to my visa. 

On 6/23/2020 at 7:50 AM, Toyhauler 4u said:

You can cancel your TIP at the Chicago, and certain others, consulate.  Contact them for the SPECIFIC DATES that they will cancel permits.  You will have to get the car to the consulate.

Thanks Toyhauler 

I am not taking sides here. But no one is always right I only know that RV has been very very helpful over the years he was here and once he left and moved up north (I understand for health reasons) the he has continued to post trying to be as helpful as he can be

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, johanson said:

I am not taking sides here. But no one is always right I only know that RV has been very very helpful over the years he was here and once he left and moved up north (I understand for health reasons) the he has continued to post trying to be as helpful as he can be

RV hasn’t lived here in many many years.. you are correct no one is always right, RV is mostly wrong, over the years he has caused many people grief by giving incorrect information, We all know how fast things change in Mexico, you need to be here to keep up with the ever changing rules.

14 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

RV hasn’t lived here in many many years.. you are correct no one is always right, RV is mostly wrong, over the years he has caused many people grief by giving incorrect information, We all know how fast things change in Mexico, you need to be here to keep up with the ever changing rules.

Actually it wasn't many many years ago. He left Lake Chapala in 2014 and moved up north. If I remember right it was because of high altitude problems. He now lives fairly close to the Texas, Mexico border in Texas and had commented perhaps a year or two ago that he and his wife occasionally visit northern Mexico, I, for one have. greatly appreciated many of his very informative posts over the many years he was lakeside,, which may have applied more to folks from the US than from Canada, I don't know

• Like 1

14 hours ago, johanson said:

Actually it wasn't many many years ago. He left Lake Chapala in 2014 and moved up north. If I remember right it was because of high altitude problems. He now lives fairly close to the Texas, Mexico border in Texas and had commented perhaps a year or two ago that he and his wife occasionally visit northern Mexico, I, for one have. greatly appreciated many of his very informative posts over the many years he was lakeside,, which may have applied more to folks from the US than from Canada, I don't know

Just my opinion but I'd rather have RV giving me advice than you. PLUS he's a gentleman. Mostly.

RV tends to go the conservative by-the-book route. Safer in the long run but being Mexico there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...