Chapala.com Webboard

BURGERS at Nissa's

heidinrick

3 hours ago, heidinrick said:

Dave and Janice, I hope you read this. Nissa's is going to start serving burgers tomorrow! Carlos, the owner, is an excellent baker and he is going to make his own buns. I tried the fries yesterday and they were great. Heidi and I will be there at 2:00!

Rick

Thank you, my friend, you know I will be trying them out!

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:08 AM, heidinrick said:

Dave and Janice, I hope you read this. Nissa's is going to start serving burgers tomorrow! Carlos, the owner, is an excellent baker and he is going to make his own buns. I tried the fries yesterday and they were great. Heidi and I will be there at 2:00!

Rick

Went today, absolutely the best hamburger I´ve had since my last one I had at your establishment.  :D

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The quality of the fries is good.  I like mine to be cooked a little longer.  Next time I will ask them to do that.

I agree!  These were the first fries that I've had Lakeside that have the potential to be really good.  A little longer in the fryer might just do the trick.  

Hey Gringo, I take it English isn't your first language. I want to compliment you though, you do not make that many mistakes. What you could do when you do not know what simple words mean like blanch, is to ask Mr. Google. This is what I have instructed him to tell you

Blanching is a cooking process in which a food, usually a vegetable or fruit, is scalded in boiling water, removed after a brief, timed interval, and finally plunged into iced water or placed under cold running water to halt the cooking process. Blanching foods helps reduce quality loss over time

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

In this case completely wrong ..but nice try ..

Good tasting potatoes from a restaurant are "cooked" twice.  Once by blanching and then by frying in oil.  Same with home made hash browns.  Ever had grey kind of soggy hash browns.  Because they were raw when cooked, not cooked first then fried on the griddle.