Chapala.com Webboard

Nurse on duty in hospital interview re Covid

Zeb

17 minutes ago, Jeanneboo said:

Wearing a mask and distancing cost you nothing.  My wearing a mask protects you and not me.  I am immune suppressed and have stayed home except on the rare occasions I have to go out.  By you refusing to wear a mask and distance yourself from me, you can kill me.  YOUR RIGHT TO NOT FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH MEASURES ENDS WHEN YOU THREATEN MY LIFE!  I am sorry it inconveniences you but that is no reason to potentially infect someone else.  The virus is here.  We are not testing.  We have no idea who or how many people are infected.  People can be infected without symptoms and can infect others.  Concern for the wellbeing of fellow humans does not seem to one of your strong suits.

I agree with you Jeanneboo. The observation by Tingting "My civil rights don't end where your fear begins."  Could be countered with "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins." Except that instead of a fist it is a scientifically proven risk in the embodiment of a virus. Without a mask, you risk yourself and others in the community and most importantly, if you get sick, you risk hospital staff who must take care of you. Would you sign and carry a release that states that you want no treatment for COVID because "I got sick of my own free will and don't wish to put anyone to any trouble caring for me?" The answer to "Am I my brother's keeper?" is supposed to be yes, at least that's what I was taught.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jeanneboo said:

Wearing a mask and distancing cost you nothing.  My wearing a mask protects you and not me.  I am immune suppressed and have stayed home except on the rare occasions I have to go out.  By you refusing to wear a mask and distance yourself from me, you can kill me.  YOUR RIGHT TO NOT FOLLOW PUBLIC HEALTH MEASURES ENDS WHEN YOU THREATEN MY LIFE!  I am sorry it inconveniences you but that is no reason to potentially infect someone else.  The virus is here.  We are not testing.  We have no idea who or how many people are infected.  People can be infected without symptoms and can infect others.  Concern for the wellbeing of fellow humans does not seem to one of your strong suits.

Did you actually read what I wrote? Did you read anywhere where I said I refused to wear a mask, distance myself or follow public health measures? I said "SUIT UP,"  not refuse to mask, etc. When these measures were announced, I followed, so don't you dare assume you have a clue as to what I do and do not do. My spouse is also immune suppressed and I am very aware of what we need to do. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PUT YOUR RULES ONTO ME. If you cannot go out without risking your health, YOU NEED TO STAY IN. This does not mean that I have to lock myself up to keep you safe. The world is going to continue, whether or not you like it. Some of us will live, some won't...and that includes me.  I don't give a rat's flip for the inconvenience, but for the simple logic involved. YOU SEEM TO LACK EMPATHY FOR THOSE WHO ARE CLEARLY NOT AS WELL OFF AS YOU OR ME. There are going to be people that HAVE TO WORK TO EAT. At some point, life goes on. Stay inside. Take care of yourself, but do not thrust your perceived solutions on me. I do the best I can and do not "risk" others, but I will continue to go out for my exercise, visit my masseuse, shop, etc, all without your bullying me indoors. You are one of the worst of the "tsk tsk" set because you judge without knowing the full facts. Maybe you need to take a long, hard look in your judgmental mirror.

21 minutes ago, spacedebris said:

I agree with you Jeanneboo. The observation by Tingting "My civil rights don't end where your fear begins."  Could be countered with "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man’s nose begins." Except that instead of a fist it is a scientifically proven risk in the embodiment of a virus. Without a mask, you risk yourself and others in the community and most importantly, if you get sick, you risk hospital staff who must take care of you. Would you sign and carry a release that states that you want no treatment for COVID because "I got sick of my own free will and don't wish to put anyone to any trouble caring for me?" The answer to "Am I my brother's keeper?" is supposed to be yes, at least that's what I was taught.

What a stupid counter argument and not even worthy of a comment.  Reading COMPREHENSION is a wonderful thing; I suggest you try it. Nowhere in my comment did I say that I don't wear a mask. I will say this:  I do, but I hate it. Happy? Well, I'm glad that you're your brother's keeper, but you're not mine and your particular beliefs are not necessarily mine. I am an adult and I make decisions for myself. I neither want, nor need, MommyCare from you or BooBoo. If you are afraid of the big, bad world, then stay inside, locked up in stale atmosphere. I take very good care of myself (good diet, exercise, vitamins, blah, blah, blah) and am going to continue to use COMMON SENSE during this time. There is so much hysteria being pumped out and it appears that you and BooBoo have both taken the KoolAid. Protect YOURSELF in whatever manner YOU feel best for YOUR circumstances, but butt out of my choices. Just because you need Big Brother telling you what to do doesn't mean that I do. 

• Sad 4

Masks and good hygiene seem to be the most effective measures we can all take against the virus. You may have read about the hair salon in Missouri where 2 hairdressers were positive, didn't know it, and came to work with symptoms for several days. They interacted with 140 customers and fellow employees. Everyone was tested and guess how many tested positive? NONE. EVERYONE had worn a mask and the stations were disinfected between clients and there was lots of hand washing. This is not proof, but something to keep in mind.

Now I have to find a comfortable mask that won't fog my darn glasses.

This thread may make you mad enough to spit. Just aim at the unmasked! It might scare some sense into them, as they currently appear to be quite senseless. That could be from sheer stupidity, or just a lack of education and analytical thinking skills. The first cannot be corrected, but it may be not too late for the second condition; unless one is of the opinion that learning a second language is beyond their ability due to age related deterioration.    🤷‍♂️

• Like 1