Chapala.com Webboard

As if things couldn't get worse...

I heard from two sources today that as of July 1st men must be clean shaven, no beards or mustaches. All because of covid-19 and face masks. I haven't been without a beard for at least 30 years, not happy. As prevalent as mustaches are here in Mexico I don't know how this will go over.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, dcstroker said:

I heard from two sources today that as of July 1st men must be clean shaven, no beards or mustaches. All because of covid-19 and face masks. I haven't been without a beard for at least 30 years, not happy. As prevalent as mustaches are here in Mexico I don't know how this will go over.

pure discrimination.  So women are allowed to have a moustache ?

And how do they know.....if you are wearing a mask ?

I agree...time to drink the poison.  Hasta la vista, baby

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Really?  Sounds like one of those urban legends.  That would hardly be enforceable.  They can't even get the majority to wear masks and now they're going to tell them to shave?  :D 

Where did you hear this?

Oh I'm hoping you're right. The first time it was from the clerk at the vehicle license dept. in Ixtlahuacan then when we got home I asked one of the workers that is doing work on our home and he said that it was correct. I think it's bs also but  these are weird times.

41 minutes ago, dcstroker said:

What are your two sources? 

Absolutely nothing about this on the national news this morning, Guadalajara news this morning, national newspapers, or Guadalajara newspapers today.  

The first story said they discussed trying to enforce that rule for employees of certain companies (not the general public)  and decided against it..    I am sure many ideas are discussed and abandoned so really not news. 

What the OP posted used to be called a rumor  now it is "sources say" 

The second story is about health workers in one state, unless you are a health worker in the state of Queretaro you are not involved. 

As I said ..no news about a regulation for the public in any reliable news source.  

come on, people, dont get your nickers in a twist about something like this.  There is a lot that you have to take seriously.  This is not part of it,...it falls in the "absurd" category.

A couple of months ago, a lot of you, could ONLY make jokes about this virus.  Now, it is practically forbidden to look at something more lightheartedly. 

People and their extremes.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rony said:

come on, people, dont get your nickers in a twist about something like this.  There is a lot that you have to take seriously.  This is not part of it,...it falls in the "absurd" category.

A couple of months ago, a lot of you, could ONLY make jokes about this virus.  Now, it is practically forbidden to look at something more lightheartedly. 

People and their extremes.....

Apparently you haven't noticed that a lot of us find the OP quite humorous and are having fun with it. It's knickers not nickers but  like I said we're snickering.-SNORK!

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Apparently you haven't noticed that a lot of us find the OP quite humorous and are having fun with it. It's knickers not nickers but  like I said we're snickering.-SNORK!

a very nice way of showing your respect to somebody who does his best to speak and write your mother language, Peter.  More and more, showing true colours....sorry "colors" .

by the way, how many languages do you write and speak ?  Perfect Spanish too ?

ai...touché

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Rony said:

a very nice way of showing your respect to somebody who does his best to speak and write your mother language, Peter.  More and more, showing true colours....sorry "colors" .

by the way, how many languages do you write and speak ?  Perfect Spanish too ?

ai...touché

Now who's got there "coloured knikers" in  a knot? Carry on carrying on with your admonishments. What the haitch has my language abilities got to do with anything in this silly thread anyway. Have you no scents of humour.

3 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Now who's got there "coloured knikers" in  a knot? Carry on carrying on with your admonishments. What the haitch has my language abilities got to do with anything in this silly thread anyway. Have you no scents of humour.

poor Peter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Actually the Labor Secretary did mention banning beards, jewelry and neckties but then changed that.

2 hours ago, Mainecoons said:

Well for certain if this comes to past at minimum dcstroker is going to have to get a new avatar!  :D 

Yeah, that's my biggest complaint. I really like my avatar. It suits me. With my shaved head I really look naked without the beard!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

Things are getting crazyer and crazyer!!! Much more so El Norte though...U.S. that is...our Canadian friends (and relatives, in my case on my mothers side) seem to be doing much better at maintaining reality. 

You're not helping, Mr. Fake News screamer.   Give it a rest or, as you say, take it up north / do it on a different web-board.