Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for the Scrap Metal Truck

I'm installing new iron screen doors and so far have 6 of the old ones along with the rails I'd like to dispose of. The truck used to come down the street and may still on occasion but I never see him. Does anyone know a way to get a message to the driver that I've got iron? I hate to just put it out on the street not knowing how long it might lay there.

The "junk truck" drove by my house this morning in Upper Centro Ajijic. From the sound of the recording it may have been a different one than I usually hear. Not sure.

At any rate, I've called this one before: 33 3457 8469 and arranged to have him take away a dead dryer. He uses whatsapp. Can't remember his name, sorry.

I did WhatsApp to the number Travis posted and got a response within a couple of minutes. He wrote that he'll be here early Monday with his truck.

Thanks for the post. The old doors were starting to accumulate with 2 more sets to go.

FYI, Rafa aka Toncho, the iron worker on 5 de Febrero in Ajijic, is making the new iron doors. Slow but steady. So far he and his crew have done a great job.