Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex office in Ajijic

Hi there, 

We cancelled our Telmex service in February, after moving over to Ilox, and normally used the Telmex Ajijic office when issues or questions arose. A bill just arrived from Telmex for that closed account that has an incorrect charge on it, and we are trying to reach them. We have tried online chat, and instructed to try the phone line. We have tried several phone numbers, but the calls drop after many attempts.  

When last there (last week) there was a sign that said the office was closed during quarantine.  I would be interested to know if you may have heard any news about the Ajijic Telmex office re-opening, or any other successes reaching a Telmex agent?

Grateful for any ideas you may have :)

Susan

The office is closed still as of yesterday.  I suggest you call 800 123 2222. If you need English, ask for it when you get a human.  You may be transferred a couple of times, just be patient, someone that speaks English will eventually answer.  Tell them your problem and they should be able to resolve it. 

• Like 1

here is their whats app or regular line  331 520 9621.  I just set up another service in chapala.  If you text in spanish they get right back to you.  If you cant speak spanish, you can google translate and type in the text.  Hope this helps

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shag said:

here is their whats app or regular line  331 520 9621.  I just set up another service in chapala.  If you text in spanish they get right back to you.  If you cant speak spanish, you can google translate and type in the text.  Hope this helps

Thank you so much! This number is the Ajijic Telmex office direct line? 

When you say "I just set up another service in Chapala" - are you meaning that Telmex has opened a new office in Chapala?

I'd just pay it and work out the mistakes once the office opens.  I just tried the two numbers above and with calling it just hangs up, with What's App I get a message saying "messages to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption which means Whats App and third parties can't read or listen to them".  Great, online app also won't take my payment.  Wonder what they expect us to do, or whether they will be lenient until they decide to open some form of communication?

33 minutes ago, Beebee said:

I'd just pay it and work out the mistakes once the office opens.  I just tried the two numbers above and with calling it just hangs up, with What's App I get a message saying "messages to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption which means Whats App and third parties can't read or listen to them".  Great, online app also won't take my payment.  Wonder what they expect us to do, or whether they will be lenient until they decide to open some form of communication?

If they pay it they will never get a refund. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Susan111 said:

Thank you so much! This number is the Ajijic Telmex office direct line? 

When you say "I just set up another service in Chapala" - are you meaning that Telmex has opened a new office in Chapala?

hi, well i dont know if that number is the direct line in Ajijic, but the sign on the door there said it is a number to deal with whatever you need.  No there is no office in chapala that I know of.  I meant we have a place in chapala that we needed wifi also along with our house in another location.  good luck.

• Like 1

Sometimes you have to decide how much your time is worth. Unless the amount is fairly large, I would estimate how many hours you have already wasted, and divide that into the amount. Then decide if just paying the amount is a better idea or if it is worth your time to keep trying.

1 hour ago, luvsdawgs said:

In the meantime I have wanted to close out my internet account since March and cannot. So I continue to pay for something I do not use as I cannot turn in my modem and close it down. 

Call 800 123 2222.  Enter 1 for contract service. Then say ingles por favor

• Thanks 1

Was able to pay my Telmex bill at Oxxo. I paid the amount that they told me online, which I dispute as it's double what I usually pay and have paid every month, but I'm hoping it will result in a positive balance at least.  Yeah refunds seem to be unknown here.