Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex office closed - Where to pay without bill

Hi MostlyLost.... actually I think there is a way to pay your Telcel using your Telmex account. Surprise Surprise.  Yes -   I know they are separate, but I discovered the option when I was online in my TelMex account.  

When you are signed into TelMex account click on Home (Hogar I think) and Services (Sevicios).... and click on the second item in the drop down menu mobile (Movil), and another menu shows  which includes Recarga Tiempo Aire (recharge your air time), and after that you have another page that opens that asks you to register for the service.  I read that in essence, you can pay your Telcel bill by adding whatever amount you wish to your TelMex bill.   In my case I got that far, but because I haven't changed out my TelMex modem in my house  yet TelMex want me to first discuss that issue before they will allow me to do anything else.  

So my next step... is to try to speak to someone in English at TelMex.  Wish me luck  (Buena suerte).   Finger and toes crossed! 

t

7 hours ago, jguerin said:

I tried to registered on line.  I can't, does not work even if I follow the instructions.

Doesn't work for me either.  So then I call them (do speak Spanish) and get them to email me a copy of the bill.  And they do!!

6 hours ago, Hithereterry said:

I was trying to find a TelMex numbe to call to speak to someone in ENglish.  I think TelCel have such a number.  Maybe there is a similar number for  TelMex.  Sure would be nice.  Mi Esponal es muy malo. 

Try this one:  800  368  0500   It will answer in Spanish, but then say "Een-glez por favor"     (inglés por favor) and they will find someone for you.

8 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

ARE YOU POSITIVE you can use a US credit card to pay Telmex? I have gone through hell with both CFE and Telmex. I never get my bills even though I own. Long story. A week ago I went to Telmex to have them send me a  bill and they threw me out (they were closed as the poster said)  saying from now on do it on line (I do not speak Spanish) and that day and often the outside pay kiosk is often without paper for a receipt.  I cannot read the Spanish page. FUN!

I use a US Citi card for Telmex and ATT but can not with CFE, Maybe some day.

I'm really surprised this office has been closed with no explanation or indication when or if it will reopen.  It was quite busy every time I've been there.  We pay our bills on line so didn't need it for that but I always saw a lot of people in there paying bills or doing other business.

OregontoChapala - Thanks for your information. I MUST POINT OUT that recommending us to learn Spanish (If you spend 30-minutes a day on Duolingo)  is NOT helpful. Many of us have health, personal, family, computer & other issues.  I would love to learn Spanish right this second but IT STILL WILL TAKE YEARS TO READ A BILL IF WE EVEN GOT A BILL! Not everyone has it easy and can curl up with Duolingo everyday, especially when they are trying to get settled in FOR THE 5TH TIME and the neighbors dogs are driving me crazy!

I did try the phone number 1-800-365-8808,   press 2 for English,   early this morning. It rang forever. NO LUCK!

I have Google Chrome so will now try that. I hope I can FIND where to translate the page.

Do you realize people like me would pay you to set this up?  You could give it to charity!

I have tried every website listed above for Telmex ( have Google Chrome)  and NONE have a place to see it in English. I have tried every phone number and got no where! 

What is the link that is supposed to be able to be changed to English with Google Chrome?

I supposed I phoned too early but I keep trying. I have been trying to get a BILL or register for TELMEX online for months!

Any help appreciated!

I have auto pay with Telmex with my Mx debit card.  Just got notice from my bank that it was paid yesterday.  This is crazy, are Telmex  offices close all over Mexico?

BTW, I also pay CFE and Telcel with my Mx debit card.

38 minutes ago, Joyinmexico said:

I have tried every website listed above for Telmex ( have Google Chrome)  and NONE have a place to see it in English. I have tried every phone number and got no where! 

What is the link that is supposed to be able to be changed to English with Google Chrome?

I supposed I phoned too early but I keep trying. I have been trying to get a BILL or register for TELMEX online for months!

Any help appreciated!

When you have the page open then right click on the screen you will see a small menu choose Translate to English 

I am now in tears again. 

When  I go to their website ( or one of the many and do get an English page it is sooooo confusing and if I click anywhere it goes right back to a Spanish page!

When I call Telmex USA (now has a new name) 1-800-365-8808   press 2 for English,  it says something in Spanish that sounds like "no longer in existence" and hangs up!

The local number in Ajijic Telmex,  all in Spanish but i pushed a button and politely asked a real person for English "por favor" They said they would transfer me to support - then they hung up!

I have been at CFE trying to figure that mess out. 

Seriously, is there not someone who can definitely help me with this? American with no Mexican bank (do not want one - lost money but another story) Have Telmex & CFE in my name for over a 2 years now.

Live near Telmex and never ever got a bill in 2 years. Got one CFE bill in 2 years. Tired of paying ahead to find out the kiosk is broken.

2 minutes ago, Joyinmexico said:

I am now in tears again. 

When  I go to their website ( or one of the many and do get an English page it is sooooo confusing and if I click anywhere it goes right back to a Spanish page!

When I call Telmex USA (now has a new name) 1-800-365-8808   press 2 for English,  it says something in Spanish that sounds like "no longer in existence" and hangs up!

The local number in Ajijic Telmex,  all in Spanish but i pushed a button and politely asked a real person for English "por favor" They said they would transfer me to support - then they hung up!

I have been at CFE trying to figure that mess out. 

Seriously, is there not someone who can definitely help me with this? American with no Mexican bank (do not want one - lost money but another story) Have Telmex & CFE in my name for over a 2 years now.

Live near Telmex and never ever got a bill in 2 years. Got one CFE bill in 2 years. Tired of paying ahead to find out the kiosk is broken.

When the page changes you can right  click again.    Not hard         Unless you go into google settings and set up to always translate you will need to tell Chrome to translate each page.  

Change Chrome languages & translate webpages - Computer ...

Turn translation on or off for a specific language
  • On your computer, open Chrome.
  • At the top right, click on the 3 dots in the new menu  click  Settings.
  • scroll down and at the bottom, click Advanced.
  • Under "Languages," click Language.
  • Next to the language you'd like to use, click More . ...
  • Turn Offer to translate pages in this language on or off.

Ok- I do not think a romp through a month or 3 of Duolingo is going to help me with my paying my Telmex & other bills on line. REMEMBER many people here rent, so they don't have to worry about paying these utility bills. How long will Telmex be closed? The Telmex workers are actually in the office every day, just not dealing with people. There is a pandemic and it may get worse here. They will open when they want to. They just better keep the kiosk open with ink & paper for a printed receipt. I believe I will photo the screen if there is no paper and they accept the cash. That machine is not easy as well.

Trying to get ANY HELP HERE  paying bills utility bills without a Mexican bank account is like pulling teeth, but I will keep trying. 

For the "techies" who think everyone knows to left click on Google Chrome for a translation....sorry honey, I know a lot of things but that is not one of them. I tried it and it fell to hell. I need I bilingual computer person to help me. 

1 minute ago, Joyinmexico said:

Ok- I do not think a romp through a month or 3 of Duolingo is going to help me with my paying my Telmex & other bills on line. REMEMBER many people here rent, so they don't have to worry about paying these utility bills. How long will Telmex be closed? The Telmex workers are actually in the office every day, just not dealing with people. There is a pandemic and it may get worse here. They will open when they want to. They just better keep the kiosk open with ink & paper for a printed receipt. I believe I will photo the screen if there is no paper and they accept the cash. That machine is not easy as well.

Trying to get ANY HELP HERE  paying bills utility bills without a Mexican bank account is like pulling teeth, but I will keep trying. 

For the "techies" who think everyone knows to left click on Google Chrome for a translation....sorry honey, I know a lot of things but that is not one of them. I tried it and it fell to hell. I need I bilingual computer person to help me. 

I have given you all the help possible. Don't fight it..... just do it. 

On Chrome it's right click for the mini menu every time you change pages......or follow the simple instructions I posted to set Chrome to always translate every page.  

So, using Chrome I Googled Telmex. I found a link to My Telmex. Signed up. Entered US credit card and paid my bill. Almost all directions were in English. For those that were not I used a simple translation program. Much easier than I was expecting. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, Karlotta said:

Where can I pay my Telmex bill since I haven't received it.   Telmex office closed.

Thank you

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if these were listed for paying bills. One of these shuld work for you.

For Telmex on uno dos tres pick internet:

https://undostres.com.mx/

https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/bill-pay/app/billpay-start

https://www.xoom.com/mexico/pay-bills