Chapala.com Webboard

Telmex office closed - Where to pay without bill

ARE YOU POSITIVE you can use a US credit card to pay Telmex? I have gone through hell with both CFE and Telmex. I never get my bills even though I own. Long story. A week ago I went to Telmex to have them send me a  bill and they threw me out (they were closed as the poster said)  saying from now on do it on line (I do not speak Spanish) and that day and often the outside pay kiosk is often without paper for a receipt.  I cannot read the Spanish page. FUN!

16 minutes ago, Joyinmexico said:

ARE YOU POSITIVE you can use a US credit card to pay Telmex? I have gone through hell with both CFE and Telmex. I never get my bills even though I own. Long story. A week ago I went to Telmex to have them send me a  bill and they threw me out (they were closed as the poster said)  saying from now on do it on line (I do not speak Spanish) and that day and often the outside pay kiosk is often without paper for a receipt.  I cannot read the Spanish page. FUN!

If you use Chrome as your web browser you can select translate to English. 

I was trying to find a TelMex numbe to call to speak to someone in ENglish.  I think TelCel have such a number.  Maybe there is a similar number for  TelMex.  Sure would be nice.  Mi Esponal es muy malo. 

1 minute ago, Hithereterry said:

I was trying to find a TelMex numbe to call to speak to someone in ENglish.  I think TelCel have such a number.  Maybe there is a similar number for  TelMex.  Sure would be nice.  Mi Esponal es muy malo. 

Speak to regarding specifically what?  

2 minutes ago, Hithereterry said:

I was trying to find a TelMex numbe to call to speak to someone in ENglish.  I think TelCel have such a number.  Maybe there is a similar number for  TelMex.  Sure would be nice.  Mi Esponal es muy malo

You are correct about one language. The other is self-evident. Do you have a third to try?  

I know to pay TelMex online... you need to get some authorization and setup from TELMEX USA, then you can use your credit card.    However...  they are telling me they want to change a modem or something and I'm up north.  I am not back for a while!  That is why I want to add more funds.  The automated system will not let me do what I need to do to pay online, until the service request they show in their system is dealt with in some way.  So I was hoping to figure out by speaking to someone what might be done. 

I dont have any other option I can think of to try.  Long shot is to transfer funds to someone there and see if they can pay to my account somewhere like at an OXOX.  But I don't wish to expose my fiends to Covid if I can help it.  Sorry I'm a slow two finger typer.  :)

If you search for help here (key words like  "Canuck Bob USA TelMex pay payment" - I found it last night ) about the link for who to contact in the USA (who may or may not be working) for credit card payment set up that is one part of the payment equation.   So he said you need to set it up on your TelMEx account online.... also you need to set it up on TelMex USA, then you can pay by credit card. 

Hil Again MostlyLost,   

Thanks for the number... I'll give it a try.  However it looks like a 1-800 MEX number.  I'm in Canada, with a Mexican cell that works great, except I can't dial Mexican 1-800 numbers, and I can't make extra payment to the TelCel or TelMex by credit cad from here. 

I was going to try calling using VPN,  Skype but someone said not to try that, or it doesn't work, so fa I haven't doing that. 

12 minutes ago, Hithereterry said:

Hil Again MostlyLost,   

Thanks for the number... I'll give it a try.  However it looks like a 1-800 MEX number.  I'm in Canada, with a Mexican cell that works great, except I can't dial Mexican 1-800 numbers, and I can't make extra payment to the TelCel or TelMex by credit cad from here. 

I was going to try calling using VPN,  Skype but someone said not to try that, or it doesn't work, so fa I haven't doing that. 

It is a USA number 

great thank you very much ... i will give it a try in about 15 or 20 minutes. 

IT WORKED!!!   

I was able to call 1-800-365-8808  in USA and press 2 for English.    I spoke with a fellow called Moses whi walked me thru setting up an account that I can use to pay my TelMex account. 

He asked for:

My name

My TelMex phone number in Mexico

My Canadian phone number / Or US numbe

He asked for my email address

He asked for my US Address (which he said was optional - since I was in Canada, but since I have an address in Laredo he took that)

====***====

He then confirmed he was able to connect with my TelMex account and advised me the balance in my account

He then advised me  of my account number that he was assigning to me

He explained I could sign in to telmexusa.com and go to retail services and then select telMEx line and pay account

I did so and it worked great.  I thne had the option to do a payment with my credit card to my telMex account. 

He explained I could pay any amount and there was a $2.00 fee.  If the payment was more than $100 US dollars there was no fee.

I believe can also just call the number above and give them the account numbe he assigned and do a phone credit cad payment, but I' not 100% sure of that. 

Thanks to MostlyLost for all your help.   Now all I need to do is get thru to TelMex - so that I can charge my TelCel phone to my TelMex account and there will be JOY in my world!

Terry 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hithereterry said:

IT WORKED!!!   

I was able to call 1-800-365-8808  in USA and press 2 for English.    I spoke with a fellow called Moses whi walked me thru setting up an account that I can use to pay my TelMex account. 

He asked for:

My name

My TelMex phone number in Mexico

My Canadian phone number / Or US numbe

He asked for my email address

He asked for my US Address (which he said was optional - since I was in Canada, but since I have an address in Laredo he took that)

====***====

He then confirmed he was able to connect with my TelMex account and advised me the balance in my account

He then advised me  of my account number that he was assigning to me

He explained I could sign in to telmexusa.com and go to retail services and then select telMEx line and pay account

I did so and it worked great.  I thne had the option to do a payment with my credit card to my telMex account. 

He explained I could pay any amount and there was a $2.00 fee.  If the payment was more than $100 US dollars there was no fee.

I believe can also just call the number above and give them the account numbe he assigned and do a phone credit cad payment, but I' not 100% sure of that. 

Thanks to MostlyLost for all your help.   Now all I need to do is get thru to TelMex - so that I can charge my TelCel phone to my TelMex account and there will be JOY in my world!

Terry 

Glad you were able to accomplish what you needed re Telmex.  You can not put your Telcel phone on your Telmex account.  They are 2 distinct companies. 

If you wish to pay Telcel online use: https://www.mitelcel.com/mitelcel/login