Chapala.com Webboard

Pierogies available here.

happyjillin

YES! The Ranchito Cremeria in Chapala is now selling potato and cheese and meat fillings 7 to a pack for $79p with actual FLAVOUR. had them last night fried in Mazamitla butter,fried onions topped with sour cream and a garlic sausage[kielbasa] added for perfection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to the store for the first time this morning.  What a find!  Free parking on the side street about a half a block down.  Met the owners, everyone speaks English in the store.  I bought the aforementioned items as well as homemade bratwurst and some imported cheese.  I see no need to go to SuperLake ever again.  Thank you happyjillin. 

We still think of Chapala centro as "home", and you are beginning to discover some of the reasons.  The shopping and the general ambiance are hard to beat.  We miss it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had the meat pierogies again and with their cabbage rolls in sauce which are huge. The meal was of the quality of the finest Ukrainian restaurants in Edmonton [Edmonchuk] No restaurant here serves anything like these two PERFECT gems. We had the leftovers for breakfast. WOWSER!!!!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, dano1948 said:

The person making them is not Canadian, and still lives in Chapala, but moving to a different hood...Will commence again with the Perogies, when all moved...

I asked the young man twice about the perogies. He confirmed that the person moved to Canada. I then asked about the cabbage rolls and he said that person was unable to make them right now. If in fact you are correct,  would you please let us know when perogies are available again.