Chapala.com Webboard

BREAKING NEWS – IMMIGRATION UPDATES MAY 27, 2020

30 minutes ago, Dwight M McLelland said:

We have a current Temporal Resident card which expires early September.

and I answered you.

I went to the immigration office in Chapala on Thursday, June 4th at about 10:30.  It was open, only one other person there. Had to wait outside and they let one person (couple) in at a time. I was able to submit my application to go from Temporal to Permanente. No problem.

• Like 1

In San Miguel, as soon as a FMM has expired I can apply for a new FMM good for 180 days. If you have a car with a TIP that has expired, as soon as you have your new FMM you may obtain a new car permit at Aduana at in Queretaro. None of this is possible in Chapala nor Guadalajara.

In PV and Rivera Nayarit, Teresa is able to obtain new FMM's starting the first day of expiration.

• Thanks 1

A client from Chapala obtained her new 180 TIP after picking up her new FMM yesterday.

Immigration in Guadalajara told us that they are all out of appointments so no more FMM reissues.  

On 6/4/2020 at 4:47 PM, Intercasa said:

Im gooin oot and aboot, eh to Tim Hortons for a double double 

People in BC don't pronounce it like that. There's not really any such thing as a Canadian or American accent. People from Texas pronounce things way differently than people from Boston or people from California. Same in Canada.

Right now I am up in Seattle and in the past we had a cottage (Canadian for summer home) on Vancouver Island. It is really hard to tell any difference between the English spoken in British Columbia and/or in Washington State. About the only word I can think of that is pronounced differently is roof.

I am sure there are a few more, but I can't think of any.

Now if you compare the English spoken in the deep south in Texas, Louisiana, etc. with us folks up here, there is a big difference.