Chapala.com Webboard

How do you say “powder coat” in Spanish?

2 minutes ago, ManxMan said:

I have a cast iron tub that needs to be refinished (sandblasted and powder coated). Any suggestions on how to find this service or what to ask for? This is well beyond my Spanish capabilities.

Thanks!

Porcelain enameling cast iron tubs is the usual. Esmaltado de porcelana. You can use google translate like I did for the rest.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Why expect to find everything you need in Ajijic. Chapala is the "downtown" area and also the local source of more types of businesses than those offered in Ajijic.  Beyond that, you may have to search in Guadalajara for some things. Besides, you will often pay up to 0% more for some things in Ajijic. Guess why!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dvinton said:

How did this work out?  I have some metal items that I'd like to powder coat.

Where's the Ironworks Shop in Ajijic?

Thanks,  Don

You would be best to use Whatsapp to communicate with Beto in English or Spanish. 333-170-7410

13 hours ago, RVGRINGO said:

Why expect to find everything you need in Ajijic. Chapala is the "downtown" area and also the local source of more types of businesses than those offered in Ajijic.  Beyond that, you may have to search in Guadalajara for some things. Besides, you will often pay up to 0% more for some things in Ajijic. Guess why!

RVGRINGO, your point is well taken.  I don't expect to find everything locally and agree that services rendered in Ajijic usually cost more than elsewhere.  Even though we've lived here for 10 months we have a lot to learn just what's available in the village.  This thread is just a starting point.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 6:51 PM, Ferret said:

You would be best to use Whatsapp to communicate with Beto in English or Spanish. 333-170-7410

23 hours ago, dvinton said:

Gracias!

Fyi, 333-170-7410 is not registered with WhatsApp.  But, I did connect with Beto via SMS.  He does not Power Coat or "Powder Paint" as he put it.

2 hours ago, dvinton said:

Fyi, 333-170-7410 is not registered with WhatsApp.  But, I did connect with Beto via SMS.  He does not Power Coat or "Powder Paint" as he put it.

My apologies. You have to put the country code in front... 52

I've been communicating with Beto via whatsapp for years. Also had a chat with him this morning via whatsapp to check out your INCORRECT information. He does a lot of business using whatsapp so I would like to take this opportunity to let his current and future customers know that it is his preferred method of communication.

Why it doesn't work for you, dvinton, is beyond me.

p.s. the numbers in your last post are missing a digit.