Chapala.com Webboard

Stimulus check

Although we have filed this and last year's tax returns, paid taxes by direct debit from a bank account, and receive our Social Security checks by direct bank deposit to the same account, when I visited the IRS website for checking on stimulus payments I found they did not have a record of that account for crediting the stimulus payment.  I entered that information and was credited about a week later.

Unfortunately I believe the time for entering that information has passed so you are going to have to wait for the paper check.

Drew, we have not filed for 18 years as we do not meet the requirements for filing.  One of us receives direct deposit SS in Mexico, the other one in the U.S.  Neither of us have received our checks.  We also are unable to access any information on the Get My Payment site.  When I enter our information, the reply states that information is incorrect.  It isn't incorrect as I am entering information exactly as it appears on our SSA Form - 1099.  I am assuming since we have not received any refunds from IRS for over 18 years that our direct deposit account information is worthless since there would not be a record of that information with IRS.  We will most likely be issued paper checks and they will be sent to our PO Box in Chapala.  How we ever check to see if they were mailed is beyond me.  I have written to S.S. and they reply that we will receive our checks according to our 1099 information.  That wasn't very helpful.   Also, I posted in another thread that IRS now has a phone number to call if you haven't received payments.  Tried that, doesn't work using every option available.  So...

I wrote my congressman regarding the no information available issue. I  received a call from his office. I was told that those receiving SS payments who are eligible are still receiving funds and the process will continue into June.  When the process is finished he is expecting there will be a way for those who  are entitled and did not receive their funds to ask for help. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

I wrote my congressman regarding the no information available issue. I  received a call from his office. I was told that those receiving SS payments who are eligible are still receiving funds and the process will continue into June.  When the process is finished he is expecting there will be a way for those who  are entitled and did not receive their funds to ask for help. 

Good to know. My wife received her payment, direct deposited, to our account in the U.S. about 4 weeks ago. Still nothing on my deposit to our Mexican account. I receive the 1099 form delivered right to our house so if I receive a check I hope it doesn't get lost.

I haven't received my stimulus check so I checked on the IRS website as suggested above.  I requested a check and, lo and behold, they will be mailing it today.  Quite a coincidence! 

I wonder if they would have sent it if I hadn't asked for it.  Of course, I still haven't received it...

Payment Status

We scheduled your check to be mailed on May 22, 2020 to the address we have on file for you.

We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.

I've not received the payment. I've filed 1040 every year, but no refund so no bank info. I have my SS deposited in my NOB bank, but the payment has not shown up there.

When I go on the IRS website, enter the data on the first page, it says "this does not match our records". It doesn't seem to matter what combination of SSN, address, etc I put in, I get the same result.

I give up

• Like 1

We were one of those folks screwed because we used turbo tax. We went online looked our info up and it said we don't know. We put in the bank info for both of use and two weeks later we got the cash put in our bank.  It seems the info they used to automatically get our money was not correct. We are  not alone. 

I have received nothing.  I used Get My Payment and, prior to the announced cutoff date, followed their instructions to the letter.  I still get the message "Payment Status Not Available".  I have written to my senator without response.  I don't know what to do next.  $1200USD may not be much to some of you, but it is a lot to me and I am eligible for the payment.  

No, I have not gotten mine either.  I get my SS deposited to Multiva and my address is here in Mexico.  The SS 1099 only says my check is direct deposit to my account, it shows no other information.  The address is my Mexican address, and you know that if they send it to a Mexican address you might get it you might no.  I have three checks send from the USA and two were lost and they stopped payment the other was cashed here in Mexico last April and I am still waiting for reimbursement. I have very little hope of seeing that check. 

Just like the rest of you I have not received my stimulus check. And yes every year I fill my income tax. And also reported to Social Security off my status. Finally I got this reply from one  of my inquiries.
The Primary SSN has been locked because Social Security Administration records indicate the number belongs to a deceased individual.

So now I am trying to get through to the SS and IRS by phone and secure email. But it looks like the government is close down everything. Even notify the Consulate in Guadalajara I'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe if I can get the government to notify my private life insurance company that I am dead, and  they pay me off at least I could enjoy my Death Benefits.

• Haha 2

elrich, this happened to both of us ... our SSN locked.  Therefore, we did not receive our SS checks.  It was because we had not received the forms they mailed us that need to be filled out saying we were still alive and living outside the U.S.  At least then the office was open in Guadalajara and they handled it all by email and we got our SS checks they had been holding in about 3 weeks.

We have not received a stimulus check yet either.  When I went to the website to enter our banking information it said to not fill it out if we received our SS checks by direct deposit as they would use that information.  When I checked again it said we would receive payment on May 15 which came and went.  I checked again and it says that they have mailed our checks to the address on file ... which, of course, is here.  I don't know if we will ever see those checks or not.  Half the time our mail is delivered to someone else's house and part of the time it is thrown out in the yard.  We found our mail and a neighbor's mail once sitting on the curb down the street while taking a walk.

As I stated when this came up before, I received the stimulus check in my Bancomer account where I have had my SS direct deposited for almost 10 years.  Someone else on that thread posted that they called the SS person at the Guadalajara consulate who told him the checks would be direct deposited just as the SS is.  I did file taxes in 2018 and 2019 though I haven’t had a refund or had to pay taxes in the 10 years I have been here.

I don’t know what’s going on or why there is so much odd information on this other than it’s government and they make everything as complicated and difficult as possible.

I received my check about 3 weeks ago. I went on the website many times and received the same notice "Payment status not available". This went on for a while. Then about a week before I received my stimulus check the notice changed and said that on such and such a date your check will be deposited into your account. It did not say how much I would receive but when I woke up the morning that the government said my check would be deposited, it was there. As I am receiving my Social Security payment by direct deposit I did not have to do anything except wait. I had read earlier, I believe in the New York Times that checks would go out to people based on a schedule of need. People who were of lower income groups, I guess based on their tax returns or lack thereof, would get their checks first. People who had higher incomes would have to wait in many cases until July. I read that just after the stimulus package passed. I have no idea if that information is still accurate or not. I did not have to file a return last year. I filed for this year and submitted it in late March. I have no idea if that played any factor in when I received my check.

From what I have been reading, many people in the US are having problems getting their checks as well. The program appears to be FUBAR. I suggest calling all your congress people. Let them know what is happening because they have no idea of what is going on in the real world. Sometimes one of their aides will actually help get things fixed. That is what they get paid for after all.

I have had good luck with Sen Michael Bennett's office on several matters. Try both Senators and your Congress person and don't give up.