Chapala.com Webboard

Guess the start of the rainy season

Major storms east of here last night, hail and flooding in Morelia.  Monsoon trough reestblished and shifting slowly northward.  Our chances for rain should improve tonight unless that front along the northern border and the high pressure behind it suppresses convection this far south.

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

.46 inch on my gauge in Ajijic Centro.  

Wow, we live a few blocks away from you and didn't see near that much.  Spotty!

At this point I expect the official start to come down to today or tomorrow.  If you look at the heavy rains east of us yesterday you could make an argument for that day.

Pattern looks pretty well established in central Mexico today.

As I look out over the lake from upper West Ajijic, it looks cloudy out over the lake. But it is not as dark as yesterday evening and it looks more like maybe no rain tonight.

Hope I am wrong. I would like a little more rain to add to yesterdays totals.

It looks like we've gone from a false start of the rainy season to having a definitely cool and dry air mass move over us and drive out all the moisture.  Looking like quite the late start of the rainy season at this point.  Monsoon trough displaced well to the south of its usual position at the start of the rains.  Bummer!

Well, it appears that much of México will be getting torrential rains and even in some places tornadoes and torbellinos tonight, all except for Jalisco.  Jalisco gets to experience a heat wave today.  https://www.unotv.com/noticias/portal/nacional/detalle/clima-para-hoy-aumenta-el-potencial-de-lluvias-en-gran-parte-del-pais-894746/

according to CUCEI (Centro Universitario de Ciencias Exactas e Ingenierías), the rainy season officially started on June 18th

( from today's El Informador )

Rony

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 8:42 PM, Mainecoons said:

Well since Out1 has the last date on the list, and that is today's date, I declare Out1 the winner.  It does look like the rain will finally start although the patterns are weak but improving.

Why not? It does seem like the rainy season now.