Chapala.com Webboard

Superlake employees not all wearing masks

•  
  • I was at Superlake this morning about 11.  Throughout the store some employees were wearing masks, some not. At check-out, most were, including baggers. I was alarmed to see so many employees not wearing masks, especially bothered to see three employees not wearing masks chatting together, standing close to one another.  If this rule on wearing masks and distancing is that lax, their boss is to blame.  But it's also a sign that so many young employees just don't get it--  Never thought I'd say it, but I'm going back to Walmart for a while more until Superlake shapes up.

Interesting to see that customers wore masks and kept a distance in checkout lines, including me. But that's not good enough. The point is for all of us to protect ourselves and others.

Lexy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oregontochapala said:

Contact Hector, the Chapala Expat liason. 

He has a page on FB and someone on here knows how to contact him by phone.

Contact owner for sure. Let him know the expats are serious about wanting their health protected or they will go elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Lexy said:
  •  
  • I was at Superlake this morning about 11.  Throughout the store some employees were wearing masks, some not. At check-out, most were, including baggers. I was alarmed to see so many employees not wearing masks, especially bothered to see three employees not wearing masks chatting together, standing close to one another.  If this rule on wearing masks and distancing is that lax, their boss is to blame.  But it's also a sign that so many young employees just don't get it--  Never thought I'd say it, but I'm going back to Walmart for a while more until Superlake shapes up.

Interesting to see that customers wore masks and kept a distance in checkout lines, including me. But that's not good enough. The point is for all of us to protect ourselves and others.

Lexy

Do contact Hector España.  I messaged him through his Chapala Expat Liaison Facebook page about the same issue at Walmart.  He went there and to Soriana and talked ti the managers about the issue.  He wanted a report on Super Lake and Nueva Posada.  Contact him about Super Lake.  They need expat customers and if the word is they don't enforce masks, many will not patronize them and they may not know why.

I won't shop there if they don't use safety measures.

I was happy to see that Walmart refused entry to a customer who didn't have a mask.

False positives are common.  For example, we have been getting annual flue shots for at least the last 12 years.  If we were tested, we would test positive because of that.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/15/834497497/antibody-tests-for-coronavirus-can-miss-the-mark

I would sure like to see someone analyze how a history of flu shots might affect susceptibility and severity of CV.  There's been speculation both ways but I haven't seen any reports of definitive study of the matter.

3 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

False positives are common.  For example, we have been getting annual flue shots for at least the last 12 years.  If we were tested, we would test positive because of that.

Debunked.  The false claim was started by a noted anti-vaxxer

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-flu-vaccine-tests-covid-19/false-claim-flu-vaccine-makes-people-test-positive-for-covid-19-idUSKBN22I367

https://www.boomlive.in/world/will-flu-vaccine-make-you-test-positive-for-covid-19-a-fact-check-8011

1 hour ago, Pet said:

Dra. Lupita has posted on her Facebook page that she tested positive for CV-19.  Therefore there is one  confirmed case in Chapala.

I just looked at her FB page. i don't see this. Please advise.

2 hours ago, Pet said:

Dra. Lupita has posted on her Facebook page that she tested positive for CV-19.  Therefore there is one  confirmmed case in Chapala.

I heard that because her positive test was done in Guadalajara she is considered another case there. If that is true then Chapala sending people to Guadalajara for tests may account for zero confirmed cases here. 

Ever since Pancho's opened, I've preferred shopping there instead of Superlake.  He's responsive when asked to bring in new/additional items.  I like the products (including alcohol) he's bringing in from Costco as well as the fresh food at the back of the store near the Deli.  

I was there yesterday or the day before and everyone was wearing masks, lots of hand sanitizer everywhere, directional arrows on the aisles and adherence to social distancing.

Many thanks to Pancho and his employees for taking precautions in an effort to keep their clientele safe while shopping.

Salud!

Val  :)

• Like 1

Problem for shoppers like us is that we generally only go to Pancho's for the bakery,so we're not interested in the long wait to pay for just a few items. But since I'm going to have delivered, made right here, a large chunk[1k+] of real corned beef,manana, it may be worth going for his sourdough round loaf.

Pedro: A question. Living in Ajijic, I don't go to Pancho's very often; but when I go, it is early and I haven't found it that crowded. In fact, the biggest crowd were the kids stocking the shelves. 

My question is, was there a certain day or time you found most crowded that I should avoid? Thanks in advance for your recommendations

21 minutes ago, johanson said:

Pedro: A question. Living in Ajijic, I don't go to Pancho's very often; but when I go, it is early and I haven't found it that crowded. In fact, the biggest crowd were the kids stocking the shelves. 

My question is, was there a certain day or time you found most crowded that I should avoid? Thanks in advance for your recommendations

Just right now it's been too crowded to buy just a few items and wait in line for ages to pay. we stopped there twice recently and didn't bother going in after one experience waiting to pay about 30 minutes for 10 items. We don't lust for a bunch of imported goods,so we don't buy much in either place.