Chapala.com Webboard

Car Wash

Just now, Mainecoons said:

Yes.  CarWashMoyoyo (Rafa) is doing by appointment.  Call Rafa at 331 269 2696.

My heart goes out to that guy trying his best as a small busiman to survive , firstly being able to find "workers" in a full economy and now this Pandemic, I would love to be able to get my car washed without making an appointment.

I was lucky to day to get haircut,  but had to knock on the guys door for him to let me in...just like prohibition days 

• Like 1

I have a guy who used to be one of the car  wash guys at Superlake who comes by every week to wash my car.  I don't know how to reach him, but I'm sure he'll be by in the next few days.  If you want him to come wash your car I can tell him then.  He is desperate for work....no job, 4 kids, sick wife. 😢  He rides his bike from Chapala, I live in SAT.

As the folks who operate Car Wash Moyoyo are family friends I went by while they were open.  They were taking cars one at a time by appointment, a former employee and excellent car washer who was made jobless by the Governor's policies was the only one washing cars, customers sat our front, everyone was separated by distances far exceeding the minimums.  There was absolutely no reason why these folks should have been stopped from trying to make a living.  They tell me they will be flat busted soon.

Meantime large numbers are allowed to flock to WalMart and just watching the comings and goings it is pretty obvious the social distancing is hit or miss.

Jocotepec is in the same state, Jalisco, as we are yet a car wash can operate there? 

It appears once again our  "Presidente" was behind this action, the same guy who is violating everyone's constitutional rights (per SeGob) out on Chapala Highway.  Our friends said they are going to be very active in the next election, there are a lot of local Mexicans who are very angry about this tyranny.  Far as I'm concerned this guy richly deserves to be voted out of office and I hope they do so.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Sturdley said:

I was under the impression that political comments were not allowed on this board.  If someone posted a critical comment about a US political matter you would jump all over him Mainecoons.

Sorry but as a member I feel I have to speak out against the tyranny that is ruining the small business people of our community, the Mexicans who have been our friends and taken such great care of the expat community over the 12 years we've lived here.  There is no justification for allowing big business to remain open while the small and vulnerable who can easily follow guidelines are shut down and wiped out.  It IS tyranny.

If this isn't stopped soon, we are going to lose many of them.  The restaurants are already starting to close permanently.  We don't know about the rest, they'll just be here one day and gone the next.

Try and think of what your life would be like if you were in their shoes, having to work to live and watching the business you built from nothing die.  It's easy for those of us who have independent incomes to forget what it is like for those who must work to live.

As a moderator I have been shutting down the U.S. politics here, it serves no purpose and just pisses everyone off.  This board is about Mexico and about our community not the U.S.  We are directly affected by the loss of our businesses and the suffering of our Mexican neighbors.  There is one individual primarily responsible for this.  The local politics are irrelevant.

There are three moderators and an admin here, you have the right to complain to any or all of them and I will abide by their ruling.  

• Sad 5

16 hours ago, Sturdley said:

I was under the impression that political comments were not allowed on this board.  If someone posted a critical comment about a US political matter you would jump all over him Mainecoons.

yeah, I think many of us were under that impression, Sturdley. 

Hey I like the idea about being able to write about Mexican politics when they directly effect us.  I am a little scared about doing it though, because someone is going to go way to far and insult too many of our neighbors. I hope we can do it in a positive manner.

• Like 1

Just now, johanson said:

Hey I like the idea about being able to write about Mexican politics when they directly effect us.  I am a little scared about doing it though, because someone is going to go way to far and insult too many of our neighbors. I hope we can do it in a positive manner.

Pete simply by living here Mexican politics directly effect us.

The wage structure, resulting in the lower cost of living  Immigration  Regulations for staying or only coming in as a visitor.

Maybe it is because most of us have decided to follow the rules and not live in the Gray community, we feel more comfortable and happy...or not

• Like 1