Chapala.com Webboard

CETES 28 days

In times like this you use dollars and then when the Peso recovers, you use pesos.

This is a great time to get things done, taking the known precautions.  The workers are available and they need work.  

But longer term it is better if we return to the previous exchange rate to avoid having the imported stuff we all use really go up in price  When this happens, followed by a drop in dollar, the previous prices do not return.

56 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

This is a great time to get things done, taking the known precautions.  The workers are available and they need work.

Careful! Some who are less than understanding or caring of the present situation here for many individuals who no longer are able to sustain their families Will want to pillory you like they did me when I posted that I am giving work to a massage therapist, hair dresser. housekeeper and a bunch of contractor's workers and sub contractors in my home.

pilloried.gif

• Thanks 1

Yes there were more Explosions on this Saturday evening and night than I have heard since a holiday. Well maybe they were celebrating the first of May, I don't know. It wasn't that bad, just more than usual for a normal weekend.

Sorry, I sure did post my questions about explosives going off under the wrong topic listing. And I wasn't drinking, just getting stupid I guess :) .

Oh and thank you oregontochapala for your answer :) :) :) 

1 hour ago, oregontochapala said:

Today is the day of the Albaniles. 

Of course,  i have not been working  for 28 years  so excuse  my lapse..nevertheless  from the number of rockets being set off ,there is no sortage of food in SJC..there goes another  dispensa,  and another 

• Sad 2

20 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Of course,  i have not been working  for 28 years  so excuse  my lapse..nevertheless  from the number of rockets being set off ,there is no sortage of food in SJC..there goes another  dispensa,  and another 

Please don't say things like "no sortage(sic) of food in SJC" because there is an extreme shortage of food throughout this area. Sunday was a holiday and SJC is full of builders, thus the "rockets" being set off. Just because some are celebrating (as is their right), many people here are suffering and please be sensitive to that. You may not have had to work for the past 28 years, but many people here have to work until they day they die so let's all be kind.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

Please don't say things like "no sortage(sic) of food in SJC" because there is an extreme shortage of food throughout this area. Sunday was a holiday and SJC is full of builders, thus the "rockets" being set off. Just because some are celebrating (as is their right), many people here are suffering and please be sensitive to that. You may not have had to work for the past 28 years, but many people here have to work until they day they die so let's all be kind.

Right on!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alli said:

I do not question their right but perhaps getting their Priorities in order to reflect the extraordinary circumstance The World including Mexico finds it self in. All the time people see others willing to pick up the mess...they will keep on doing the same old thing over and over again

Yes there are shortage of food in the total Lakeside area, some areas more so than others. We all make choices which NEED is greater, your happy with your approach ,I am happy with mine

What many barrios need are program s to show how to prepare more nutritious meals from the food they have and drop the CocoCola from their diet. Also with all give away programs there is a delicate line to cross , those who can work and will not. Let me assure you there are children of the children now in in the feed program since its inception pre 1995

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

I do not question their right but perhaps getting their Priorities in order to reflect the extraordinary circumstance The World including Mexico finds it self in. All the time people see others willing to pick up the mess...they will keep on doing the same old thing over and over again

Yes there are shortage of food in the total Lakeside area, some areas more so than others. We all make choices which NEED is greater, your happy with your approach ,I am happy with mine

What many barrios need are program s to show how to prepare more nutritious meals from the food they have and drop the CocoCola from their diet. Also with all give away programs there is a delicate line to cross , those who can work and will not. Let me assure you there are children of the children now in in the feed program since its inception pre 1995

Not all barrios are looking for the Great White Savior to come sweeping down -- I'm not here to tell people how to prepare their foods, stop drinking coca cola, etc. I'm here to live my life and be a respectful guest in Mexico. We can discuss root issues of problems 'til the cows come home. Just like Aretha, all I'm asking for is "a little respect" for those in need.

• Like 3

The fact is that both Mexico and its neighbor to the north have large segments of the population who do not make healthy choices in diet.  The two countries fight it out annually for the title of most obese, that should tell you something.  

1 hour ago, Alli said:

Not all barrios are looking for the Great White Savior to come sweeping down -- I'm not here to tell people how to prepare their foods, stop drinking coca cola, etc. I'm here to live my life and be a respectful guest in Mexico. We can discuss root issues of problems 'til the cows come home. Just like Aretha, all I'm asking for is "a little respect" for those in need.

Let me say that respect flows in both directions.  The Mexican Government has issued directions to combat The Pandemic...it is not directed at one class of people but the country as a whole.

What was most disturbing this weekend, was that many streets in SJC were celebrating " the day of the Albaniles." not  for one day but a couple of days and NOT using any discretion in social distancing ....also about 80% of the people in SJC were NOT wearing masks.

Maybe the "Day of the Albaniles" is etched in stone and needs some dispensation from the Pope to cancel.....However  all the restaurants in the area and their  customers are making sacrifices to follow Social Distancing...then why not The Albaniles 

+

Forget all this.  People are hungry here.  Find the local group that feeds people and donate money or goods. It is in interest of all people  to feed the people now!  I know two groups in SAT who feed folks and I am sure they exist in every town. What would you do if you had no food for your family? Would you wait home quietly and starve? Well some might but most would steal.  I would rather steal  than starve.  Yes I am being rather blunt but I would like people to think about this and what we can do to help.

I apologize for my post if you are offended. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

These times are scary for many families, and that is why many of us are still paying our gardeners, maids, security guards, cooks you name it, even though they do not have to come to work. No I am not suggesting that I have all of these people taking care of me.

And if it were not for my property manager I would not have thought about this and I probably would not have  payed my maid or gardener.

Oh and my cook is called Mr. Microwave and he is not allowed to leave the kitchen

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, lcscats said:

Forget all this.  People are hungry here.  Find the local group that feeds people and donate money or goods. It is in interest of all people  to feed the people now!  I know two groups in SAT who feed folks and I am sure they exist in every town. What would you do if you had no food for your family? Would you wait home quietly and starve? Well some might but most would steal.  I would rather steal  than starve.  Yes I am being rather blunt but I would like people to think about this and what we can do to help.

I apologize for my post if you are offended. 

I recall a lady from NOB living in SAT named Annette. who was married to a Mexican and totally immersed in the Mexican lifestyle.   She  was very aware of the social needs of Mexicans and she was always reminding people about the ecological disaster that will happen if we keep throwing  trash on the highway etc...The observation that stuck in my memory was her saying "The mexicans do not need pity or charity...but a Living Wage..Amen to that comment . Sadly she died... what 6/8 years ago

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...