Chapala.com Webboard

AIR CONDITIONER CLEANING AND REPAIR SERVICES LAKESIDE

My split air conditioner is leaking "big time". I cannot use it at present. Does anyone know of a good, honest repair service here?

I called a Mexican who claims to do that work and he asked me where I was from originally. I answered honestly and then asked him if he was a local person and he exhibited a real "attitude" asking what business was it of mine. I pointed out that I answered his question which could be construed as a "what business is it of yours..." but all the bells and lights went off in my head.  I told him to forget the job. It was as if he was hiding something or afraid to reveal if he was a local or not. It would not have even been an issue if he hadn't asked me my place of origin.

Now I want to make sure I get someone who will do the job well at a fair price. I looked at You Tube videos but fixing it requires a few tools that I do not have. I would rather have it done professionally. 

It’s not a leak it’s condensate (Water). The drain hose is blocked,  look for a tray underneath the condenser coil and there should be a drain hose going outside..Try poking something like a metal cost hanger down the hose or blowing down it..i

When you think it’s clear pour some water down it and check it’s running out...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, monarche said:

David, are you still in the area? Do you do ac maintenance or servicing (like cleaning dust and mold from interior) in addition to repairs?

I install, move, maintain, clean, fix gas leaks etc. I live up in the mountains and rarely am on this site unless I'm in town, i can be reached at 331 348 1288