Chapala.com Webboard

Face masks mandatory April 20

sm1mex

Just wear a mask. Everybody wear a mask. If you don't have one you can go online to the internet and they show you how to make one from household materials.  I have been wearing one for four weeks now and you do get use to it.  Better to get use to it now than when this thing hits if it has not hit already. Only Brazil has a lower testing rate than Mexico. Act like everybody you meet has it. We just don't know until it is too late with the four day period when you can spread it with no sign of the virus. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I’m sure at lakeside over 60 can enter Walmart. Just have on your mask and you look like 20. Wear a hat to cover your gray hair. 

Or wear your motorcycle helmet as I do.

N5, Wrap around glasses and who knows?

Info from an email sent out by Alta Retina today, offering sources for both sanitizers and masks:   (just sharing it out, not endorsing any / all of it)

Dear friends and patients we have managed with one company base on in Guadalajara we are supplied with some products from the Eviter Brand, this brand produces antiviral soaps and creams that remain on the skin for 12 hours Active, which can be extremely effective in preventing infections including COVID-19.

These products are applied consistently in our offices on surfaces where it remains for 72 hrs floors, and in the hands of all our staff.

Available presentations are

60 ml soap $ 146

900 ml soap. $ 1180

Surface sanitizer 60 ml. $ 138

Sanitizer 900 ml. $ 826

If you are interested in these products, please call us to include your order with ours for the next few days.

You can. Learn more about these products in

www.eviter.com.mx

www.hazloseguro.com

two)

The use of mouth covers has become regulatory, in our office this measure has been used for 1 month, so you are asked to come with mouth covers, in any case we will provide the patient with one at no cost.

To avoid overpricing, we provided you with the contact with whom we have purchased our mouth covers, they have different options depending on your needs.

TEL: 3336140405

email: ventas@vering.mx

I went to the Ajijic Hospital this morning and a woman entered without a mask. I said to her (through my mask) "Where is your mask?" and she moved right in my face and said "Huh?" & THEN put one on & went on her merry way. THEN I went to Multiva across the street and a woman got right next to me (had a mask but....) and I said "PLEASE stay your distance" and a man NOT wearing a mask across the way asked me "What is your problem?" and then left. I don't have a problem. I think it is rude to not follow rules made to help ALL of us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

I went to the Ajijic Hospital this morning and a woman entered without a mask. I said to her (through my mask) "Where is your mask?" and she moved right in my face and said "Huh?" & THEN put one on & went on her merry way. THEN I went to Multiva across the street and a woman got right next to me (had a mask but....) and I said "PLEASE stay your distance" and a man NOT wearing a mask across the way asked me "What is your problem?" and then left. I don't have a problem. I think it is rude to not follow rules made to help ALL of us. 

Welcome to a culture where most Mexicans would never even think of talking to a stranger like that. It is what it is.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, artsnob said:

It is unbelievable how many Mexicans are not wearing face masks, in my neighborhood ..

When I go to Lakeside, I'm blown away by the number of people not wearing masks, GRINGOS included! We've had to wear them for four weeks, or has it been four years, or maybe four decades?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I was at a large pharmacy this morning and bought a few non prescription products. And I therefore paid up front, not at the pharmacy. As I left, I asked a cashier if they had any masks, no she said, sadly we are sold out. But she followed me out and said that she is making masks at her home and asked I wanted any. I politely said no and went to a friend who had brought some for me from Guadalajara.

I thanked my friend and I said I might post this. She said fine, However she asked just that I don't mention her name. :) 

34 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

The masks with the valve on the fae are for fighting fires and are NOT useful for Covid-19.

Here is an excellent graphic to explain why masks are necessary

Some of the best N95 masks have breath exhaust valves built into them to make breathing easier and keep the wearer comfortable.

This board has an over abundance of people who know little but post a lot. Don’t be one of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Two men delivered Bonafont water today without masks. 

I reminded them of new law. They really did not care. 

Over 60 yrs you are considered high risk so avoid going out even more so but you can go out for essential needs.

This was verified by Spencer McMullen.

2 hours ago, JRPJR said:

Some of the best N95 masks have breath exhaust valves built into them to make breathing easier and keep the wearer comfortable.

This board has an over abundance of people who know little but post a lot. Don’t be one of them.

You said it yourself, not me. Yes the masks are more comfortable, but they do NOT block virus from entering the air when the person wearing the mask exhales. This from San Francisco Public Health.

Note that any mask that incorporates a one-way valve (typically a raised plastic cylinder about the size of a quarter on the front or side of the mask) that is designed to facilitate easy exhaling is not a Face Covering under this Order and is not to be used to comply with this Order’s requirements. Valves of that type permit droplet release from the mask, putting others nearby at risk.

• Like 1