Chapala.com Webboard

New Jalisco orders and requirements Sunday April 19, 2020

New Jalisco orders and requirements Sunday April 19, 2020

I am attaching the Official State Newspaper and as translation I have done to English of the requirements.

All people over 60 shall stay home, there are fines they can apply

TranslationJalisco041920202 copy2.jpg

TranslationJalisco041920201 copy1.jpg

• Thanks 1

If I read this correctly, because I am over 60, I can no longer go yo the grocery store to buy groceries or to the bank to get money or to the Doctor's office for a health check.     Am I reading this correctly. Something sounds very wrong here. Sure when I go out, I wear surgical gloves and a medical face mask. And I leave my home as little as possible.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

28 minutes ago, johanson said:

If I read this correctly, because I am over 60, I can no longer go yo the grocery store to buy groceries or to the bank to get money or to the Doctor's office for a health check.     Am I reading this correctly. Something sounds very wrong here. Sure when I go out, I wear surgical gloves and a medical face mask. And I leave my home as little as possible.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated

Shelter at home apples strictly and without exception to everyone older than 60 years of age, pregnant or recently given birth, or diagnosed with hypertension, diabetes, cardiac or chronic pulmonary disease.     https://periodicooficial.jalisco.gob.mx/sites/periodicooficial.jalisco.gob.mx/files/04-19-20-bis.pdf

It sounds crazy to expats, living here as senor singles or in couples. It might not be a hardship at all for large extended Mexican families.  All the basic supply issues would generally be easily handled by the younger generations.

I would really appreciate some clarification on this. This is insane. My husband has to go to Guadalajara for radiation treatments soon and we are both over 60 years of age. Who am I supposed to trust with my debit card to get money out of the bank to pay someone else to go the drug store, grocery store, etc.? 

Please Intercasa/Spencer join in this discussion. 

26 minutes ago, jrod said:

Shelter at home apples strictly and without exception to everyone older than 60 years of age, pregnant or recently given birth, or diagnosed with hypertension, diabetes, cardiac or chronic pulmonary disease.     https://periodicooficial.jalisco.gob.mx/sites/periodicooficial.jalisco.gob.mx/files/04-19-20-bis.pdf

What the ever loving hell is this about? Please email me...I'm near tears

No, my landlord does not take credit cards and maybe you have enough cash on hand but a lot of people get their money on the 1st of each month and live month to month and some people actually have to stand in line to get their good right now and a lot of volunteers who are making that food available are over 60

you sound  you live in your own little wealthy bubble

• Like 2

After having been broken into and  robbed at knife point, I have learned never to have much money around the house nor in my wallet. Right now after buying cleaning supplies for killing the corona virus, I have $450 pesos left. I shall go tomorrow, get a little more money and buy more groceries and hope I am not arrested for trying to survive. :)

• Like 2

The authorities at the check points have allowed members of my staff and patients who come in from Guadalajara to get their medical care at my office when they have signed original documentation from my office stating why their travel is necessary to such an "ESSENTIAL" business such as a medical office or hospital. I would speculate that this would also be the case if you are stopped by authorities while driving on your way to see your doctor.  

Plan ahead and get in touch with your healthcare providers to provide you with such documentation.

I am sure that if you need to go to get your dialysis treatments, and you can provide proof of such treatments etc. the authorities should make these exceptions. Just be sure you DON'T have a fever and are wearing those face masks when you are stopped at those check points.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Please read the following which clarifies terms and also the limits on what the government can do to enforce, while legally it may be difficult for the authorities to act, you would not want to place your fellow man at risk nor fight with the police who could jail or fine you first causing you grief and money only to be later exonerated.

traduc10.jpg

Just now, johanson said:

After having been broken into and  robbed at knife point, I have learned never to have much money around the house nor in my wallet. Right now after buying cleaning supplies for killing the corona virus, I have $450 pesos left. I shall go tomorrow, get a little more money and buy more groceries and hope I am not arrested for trying to survive. :)

Not only that...... I bet a tow truck will be standing by to be carted off to the pound...go figure

Yes, but, I have stayed at home for two weeks and planned to go tomorrow, to pay Telmex, pay Telcel, get groceries and get money. That's a total of two stops in all. When I do go out, I wear a mask and was disinfecting the handles of shopping carts long before the Coronavirus.

Anybody got a dark haired wig I can borrow? It's the white hair that will give me away.

13 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Yes, but, I have stayed at home for two weeks and planned to go tomorrow, to pay Telmex, pay Telcel, get groceries and get money. That's a total of two stops in all. When I do go out, I wear a mask and was disinfecting the handles of shopping carts long before the Coronavirus.

Anybody got a dark haired wig I can borrow? It's the white hair that will give me away.

A friend recommended a baseball cap....?