Chapala.com Webboard

IF You received your Stimulus Deposit already....

RickS

.... will you answer whether or not:

1) you filed taxes either in 2018 or 2019 AND received a refund credited to a bank account

2) you filed taxes either in 2018 or 2019 AND had to pay owed taxes (no refund) 

3) you filed taxes either in 2018 or 2019 using Turbo Tax or H&R Block  AND had to pay owed taxes (no refund)

4) you filed taxes either in 2018 or 2019, had to pay owed taxes, AND you also get monthly SS deposited into a bank account AND the stimulus got deposited into the account where your SS payments are deposited

TIA

20 hours ago, RickS said:

1) you filed taxes either in 2018 or 2019 AND received a refund credited to a bank account

3) you filed taxes either in 2018 or 2019 using Turbo Tax or H&R Block  AND had to pay owed taxes (no refund)

4) you filed taxes either in 2018 or 2019, had to pay owed taxes, AND you also get monthly SS deposited into a bank account AND the stimulus got deposited into the account where your SS payments are deposited

TIA

My social security check is wired to my Mexican bank account. I filed my 2019 taxes with the IRS and my refund was wired to my US bank. My stimulus check was wired to my US bank, so go figure! Anyway, that's how it worked for me. Buenas suerte!

None of the above.

I have not paid tax or had a tax refund for several years, but I do get social security deposited to my US Bank account, so I would expect the payment to show up there. So far it hasn't. On the IRS website, when I try to query status, it insists that the data I enter "does not match their records", even though I copy it directly from my social security profile.

With both the IRS and social security I am using my Mexican address.

I'm beginning to think that this combination will not result in a payment, or it will be sent to me here by mail, in which case I may not see it this year, if at all.

Any comments?

Edited by Curmudgeon

I fall into the (2) category.  Have filed and paid quarterly and on April 15th for the past 40 years. Never received a refund that I can remember.   Combined income, spouse and myself, has not exceeded $75,000 since 2011.  When I check on the IRS site under both our names it says eligibility status has not been determined.  I'm expecting the stimulus at some point, just not holding my breath.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, RickS said:

TIA

When they sent checks out in 2008 it took 2 months (8 weeks) before the first checks went out. I haven't gotten one yet and am not surprised. everything happens slower in the swamp. 

11 hours ago, Alli said:

My social security check is wired to my Mexican bank account. I filed my 2019 taxes with the IRS and my refund was wired to my US bank. My stimulus check was wired to my US bank, so go figure! Anyway, that's how it worked for me. Buenas suerte!

Alli, that is how they said it would work... since the IRS (Treasury) has a bank account for your taxes, your stimulus would and did come to that account... not your SS bank account.

Thanks for answering...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

None of the above.

I have not paid tax or had a tax refund for several years, but I do get social security deposited to my US Bank account, so I would expect the payment to show up there. So far it hasn't. On the IRS website, when I try to query status, it insists that the data I enter "does not match their records", even though I copy it directly from my social security profile.

With both the IRS and social security I am using my Mexican address.

I'm beginning to think that this combination will not result in a payment, or it will be sent to me here by mail, in which case I may not see it this year, if at all.

Any comments?

Curmudgeon,  even tho you don't pay taxes you should/will get the stimulus sent to your US bank where SS goes. To my knowledge they have not yet started with that phase of deposits yet.... no taxes paid but do get SS.

Patience

To others, thanks for responding.......

We haven't gotten ours yet either but we fall in cat. 3 so guess we'll just have to wait until they start sending out deposits to our SS bank account. 

Physical checks.... well I suspect that is going to be a long drawn out affair.... and probably a lot of checks floating around to addresses where folks no longer live.

P.S.  I'm hoping that my check will be for $8.2 million like a few folks got! But then, how do we spend it since we're holed up. Got my eye on a couple of nice fully furnished winter homes just the same. "Close" online, show up next November right after the election. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, El Menudo said:

I will be surprised if we ever see a dime of this cash.  If I get a paper check with the things signature on it, I may just toss it in the toilet and ............

Just sign it on the back and I will pick it up and return it for you. Guiness wants to stop reading so much about the USA and goings on there. So perhaps someone will tell us if they got their check from Canada and how much it is for?

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, El Menudo said:

I will be surprised if we ever see a dime of this cash.  If I get a paper check with the things signature on it, I may just toss it in the toilet and ............

Donate it.  Lots of people needing help these days.

That hatred is not good for your own health.  :D 

Married filling jointly fall into #1 as we get a small refund since we overpay our taxes.

We've registered an e-deposit for many years to the same US account.

On 15-April we got a deposit.

I've decided that since the rump in the White House put his name on my money before he sent it back to me, I'd donate it to local charities here in Mexico and to https://victoryfund.org/ as they've shown success in supporting races that win.

• Like 1