Chapala.com Webboard

Walmart Wine & ? has Closed

Does anyone know how long this is likely to last? Might it just be a measure to control the partying over Semana Santa? Someone said that there's a concern about domestic violence in our current circumstances. I live alone, but if we're not allowed a drink in the privacy of our own homes when we can't go out, there's definitely going to be some domestic violence here when the wine runs out...

2 hours ago, mkshawn said:

She who may be obeyed just did a Wine run . All closed, anybody have info??

Well, 'she who may be obeyed' is going to be 'she who whines and snivels'; only corner tienditas/abarrotes are able to sell any alcohol; all alcohol within chapala municipality has been stopped until the end of the month.

Many of the small tienditas and abarrote stores are still selling beer and some will even sell you liquor.  The Oxxos and 711's are not selling at this time.  The logic (if you want to call it that) the way it was explained to me in Spanish by Don Pancho the little store in the Chapala plaza, he said that it was only hard liquor that was not being allowed to be sold.  So, if a store like Oxxo that sells both, now they are banned from selling any.  And the little tienditas that sell only beer are still being allowed to sell in Chapala.

34 minutes ago, bedbug said:

Mercado Libre has a large selection of wines from US, Chile and Mexico at various price points. I should get my delivery today for an order placed Sunday.

Please provide the email contact info. for placing orders through them. Thanks in advance.

You can't do that Gringal. Mercado Libre is  like Amazon.com.mx .... many small buyers using a large entity to sell their products.

Go to https://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/

Search for "vino tinto" or whatever you're looking for... Choose a seller that has a good reputation... check out using credit card or pay at Oxxo or ?

FYI, a few weeks ago I ordered 2 cases of wine from same vendor at Amazon.com.mx  One case made it to our home, the other made it to the Amz distribution site in GDL, but was returned to vendor.   My guess it arrived with broken bottles.  Quick refund.