Chapala.com Webboard

Monday at superlake: open, what`s the scene?

This is a completely untrue rumour that has been circulating for years, ever since they lost power for a couple of days and everyone claimed they had refrozen everything to sell. Now, I don't know exactly how they handled that, but they do NOT shut down the freezers every night. I am not buds with Pancho, and I have no reason to protect him or the current owners of the place, but let's have some proof before making ludicrous statements like that.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, John Shrall said:

Signs posted in the store say they are closing Thursday April 16. The sign wasn't clear whether the store would close after end of business Wednesday the 15th or at the end of day on the 16th. 

A.  It's Mexico and that's close enough

B. They have no idea anyway

Anyone who has lived in Mexico for any length of time knows when something appears on the supermarket shelf, buy as much as you think you may want for a couple of months. With Covid-19 there was plenty of warning to heed this especially, so woe to anyone who forgot lesson #1 in Mexico.,

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

They shut them off at night and back on in the morning.  Have been doing that for years.  Pancho did this there and at his location

Excuse me.... but why bring Pancho into this thread at all?  He was only a son-in-law of the SuperLake family...... and has no connection there whatsoever any more.  And yes.... ridiculous rumour.

25 minutes ago, HoneyBee said:

Have you ever noticed that when you open your fridge the light inside is on. Supposedly when the door is close the light is off. But how would I know ? So now to be sure its off I simply unplug my fridge. 😉

And if a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it does it make a sound>

First thing in the morning, right after opening, go check the status of the freezers.  You will find ice beginning to set on the water that has accumulated on the frozen stuff overnight.  The freezer doors will be full of moisture running down.  Less dense stuff will be soft and more dense stuff will be a little squishy.  If that's not evidence of the freezers being turned off overnight, I don't know what will convince you.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, daisy2013 said:

There is evidence of it   Seen it many times pancho was manager there.   Come on you must know it.  Many know of it. 

No. Your hearsay is not evidence. And heed daisy's advice: which staffmember do you think goes in early enough to turn on the freezers, which are probably going to take minimum 3 to 4 hours before the food is refrozen, and I would guess substantially longer because that amount of stuff will not freeze in the same time that four pizzas freeze in your own little freezer. This would also add uncountable kWh to their CFE bill. And the lights are off to save power anyway.

• Like 2

I was there this morning at 8:45. No condensation on freezer doors, no water running down any of the doors, the remaining products were frozen solid.  A lot of items are sold out completely though in the rest of the store. All employees that I could see were wearing masks. Sign at the register states they will close on the 16 th until crisis is over as their employees need to be with their families.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

I was there this morning at 8:45. No condensation on freezer doors, no water running down any of the doors, the remaining products were frozen solid.  A lot of items are sold out completely though in the rest of the store. All employees that I could see were wearing masks. Sign at the register states they will close on the 16 th until crisis is over as their employees need to be with their families.

like[thingy]

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

No. Your hearsay is not evidence. And heed daisy's advice: which staffmember do you think goes in early enough to turn on the freezers, which are probably going to take minimum 3 to 4 hours before the food is refrozen, and I would guess substantially longer because that amount of stuff will not freeze in the same time that four pizzas freeze in your own little freezer. This would also add uncountable kWh to their CFE bill. And the lights are off to save power anyway.

Unfortunately you cannot convince someone with facts  who prefers to operate on negative and totally unlikely rumours.