Chapala.com Webboard

Dentist

For sure this is one place I saw with the sign saying, call us for emergencies.  It is very close to Cocinart.  So sorry for your dental issue over a holiday weekend.   Call and see if someone answers???

Dental Bright

16 de Septiembre #2B, Ajijic

376-766-5993

Opening Hours

Mon-Sat: 10:00 - 19:00

Book Appointment

ilovedentalbright@gmail.com

4 minutes ago, Kiko said:

If you have to wait a few days you might want to pick up a box or two of Keterolaco, 10mg or 30mg. 

You really shouldn't be prescribing medicine on an online forum. While Ketorolaco is used extensively here, it can have some very dangerous side effects, one of which is spontaneous internal bleeding. This happened to me after taking it for only 2 days. And I don't have any health conditions that would have put me at risk for this. Also, it shouldn't be taken for more than 3 days, maximum. So suggesting that someone eat a couple of boxes of them is highly irresponsible advice. 

A doctor or dentist who prescribes it here will never tell you any of this, and unlike Canada, where when you fill a prescription at a pharmacy, the pharmacist gives you a print-out of possible side effects and contra-indications, they do nothing of the sort here. One should always do their own online research before consuming any pharmaceuticals they aren't familiar with.

19 minutes ago, artsnob said:

Does the San Antonio hospital have dentists Johansson. News to me I was there in October with pneumonia....

I do not believe so. I'm only suggesting, if there is no other option, a hospital which is open 24/7, might be able to find a contact solution for an emergency dental problem.

15 minutes ago, mudgirl said:

You really shouldn't be prescribing medicine on an online forum. While Ketorolaco is used extensively here, it can have some very dangerous side effects, one of which is spontaneous internal bleeding. This happened to me after taking it for only 2 days. And I don't have any health conditions that would have put me at risk for this. Also, it shouldn't be taken for more than 3 days, maximum. So suggesting that someone eat a couple of boxes of them is highly irresponsible advice. 

A doctor or dentist who prescribes it here will never tell you any of this, and unlike Canada, where when you fill a prescription at a pharmacy, the pharmacist gives you a print-out of possible side effects and contra-indications, they do nothing of the sort here. One should always do their own online research before consuming any pharmaceuticals they aren't familiar with.

You are right. I assumed op would do due diligence but my mistake.  Although OTC, it can have serious side effects as in your case.  Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 2

Although one needs a doctor to write an Rx for 50 mg Tramadol pills up north, down here you can buy them over the counter without an Rx. I was also told to take two 50 Mg pills for minor pain.  Down here, I simply buy 100Mg pills and only take one. It seems so much easier.

I was told that I had to wait at least 4 hours before taking another dose.  There are pain meds down here that are more powerful, but I am not medically trained.

Please go to a Doc or dentist for any serious pain issue. And please understand I am just a patient without any medical training who is telling you what I was told to do for my particular pain problem.