Chapala.com Webboard

Lakeside Firestick users

I'm looking for anyone who is using or has used the Firestick streaming service formerly provided by the late Derek Young, and is interested in selling a firestick they are no longer using;  or, alternatively, would be willing to share the names of the apps he was using, both free and paid, so I can program my own. I'm interested mostly in live tv. You can respond here or PM me. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Works well for you, does it? Because their Website gives no indication of what they provide. Everything takes you to a payment plan.

Works great, 4000+ stations; lots of sports, movies, US and Canadian networks as well as locals, many UK and Mexican stations.

Most of the stations I watch regularly are high definition.

5 minutes ago, econ man said:

Have you had reliable service with them?  I see Firestick Tricks list them as an option. I 'm considering recommendations from them and Troypoint. Can you use Paypal with them? I'm a little leery of giving my credit card to some of these APK's.

Service has been reliable; occasionally a station might be down but overall much more reliable than other services I used in the past.

I pay monthly in case the system goes down; i think you can do 3 months for a saving of $1 per month.

I use credit card; never had a problem; I dont know about Paypal.

I tried several of the services recommended from Troypoint but had reliability problems. The Kodi stuff just makes it too tough for my wife to operate.

Good guy to be in touch with is Michael Goss <lcs.tech.training@gmail.com>. and check into TROYPOINT Newsletter it is packed full of information that will allow you to unleash the full potential of your Firestick/Fire TV or Android TV Box. https://troypoint.com/troys-ultimate-firestick-setup-video/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Out1 said:

Check out StreamsForUs.net; lots of live TV for $7 per month.

Why pay monthly for what you can have for free with a Firestick?

IMO, that's dumb.

We're both numpties with tech stuff and within a day or two had more TV, movies, sports, live news etc. than we'll ever watch with a Firestick (bought new from Amazon.mx)

17 hours ago, chapalence said:

Why pay monthly for what you can have for free with a Firestick?

IMO, that's dumb.

We're both numpties with tech stuff and within a day or two had more TV, movies, sports, live news etc. than we'll ever watch with a Firestick (bought new from Amazon.mx)

Would you care to share the names of those apps? I have multiple free ones but none are consistently reliable.

For all of you looking for IPTV services, please check your internet speed before you try out any providers.  If you have under 15mbps you're going to have a less than satisfying experience. Also, check your latency (or ping).  You want a number under 100ms (the lower the better).

If you're eligible, consider signing up for ILOX.  I've been with them over a year and it's been a very good (not perfect) service.

9254720535.png

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2020 at 11:24 AM, Out1 said:

Works great, 4000+ stations; lots of sports, movies, US and Canadian networks as well as locals, many UK and Mexican stations.

Most of the stations I watch regularly are high definition.

I had "Sportz TV", another streaming service, but dropped it because of excessive streaming.  Instead I install the app, e.g. PBS, directly on the Firestick and it runs much more smoothly.  I've also had good success lately with Acorn TV.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:36 AM, All Day said:

For all of you looking for IPTV services, please check your internet speed before you try out any providers.  If you have under 15mbps you're going to have a less than satisfying experience. Also, check your latency (or ping).  You want a number under 100ms (the lower the better).

If you're eligible, consider signing up for ILOX.  I've been with them over a year and it's been a very good (not perfect) service.

9254720535.png

I recently downgraded my ILOX service and now pay about 330 pesos per month.  I get 30 Mbps down which is quite adequate for our streaming needs.  BTW, the ILOX office is still open in Ajijic, but closed for siesta time.

6 minutes ago, TelsZ4 said:

I have been streaming for a couple of years now with 5Mbps It works well 95% of the time, the other 5% is usually the stream not my internet that’s the problem..

A point many people don't seem to comprehended. The Internet speed isn't everything.

I have a Firestick and I was having problems with it freezing up.  I have internet speed of 10 mgs and I thought that was the problem -- my internet was too slow.  So I contacted a fellow named Rich and he came by and cleaned up my Firestick and made some changes and now it works great!  Rich programs Firesticks and sells them for a very reasonable price like Derek used to do but with no monthly fees..  You can contact him via Facebook messenger as Rich Richie or send me a PM.