Chapala.com Webboard

Driving to the US

7 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Like the Spanish Flu that originated in Kansas?

Well, that name was given to it before intelligent society came to the understanding that that sort of naming encourages racism. While I feel that political correctness has gone way overboard in some ways, this one makes sense to me. There's just too many ignorant people who think that a Chinese-American who was born and raised in the US and has never even been to China poses more of an infection threat  than their white neighbor. No reason to add more fuel to their racist fire.

• Like 1

One would think adults would understand, no matter what it is called. Just shows how many immature children are members here. Everything is a Lot more important than what a person refers to it by name. We all know it originated in Wuhan, China. THAT will NEVER change. Grow up, "politically correct" children; no one cares what you think since 2016, and that will continue into 2024.

1 hour ago, Lily H said:

FYI 

Coronavirus disease 

(COVID-19)

'CO' for 'corona,' 

'VI' for 'virus,' 

'D' for disease. 

Grow up ! :D

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

@fordtruckman   WHO calls in Coronavirus and COVID 19.  Here is main page WHO's site.  I even searched for Chinese virus at WHOs site, but nada. Same with UN site.  Please stop making things up.  

312602427_Screenshot(39).thumb.png.fcb5e90849151e7409f1dd6bf76666c6.png

SMH. Critical reading is more important than ever. I was responding to daisy as to why NOT to call it the Chinese virus. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

Like the Spanish Flu that originated in Kansas?

You fkg crack me up.  Please send me in pm the link for that hilarious video of the older couple about isolation,  choice A or B.  The thread was deleted by mod for whatever reason.  That was the funniest video I have seen this past week.