Chapala.com Webboard

Driving to the US

Is there an American  citizen diving across the border in late April that would have room for me, my small dog, and a couple of suitcases?  Or I would pay an American to drive me and my small dog (who weighs 22 pounds) and belongings just across the border at Laredo where my daughter could meet me and pick me up. If interested please call me at 376-766-3420 or email me at jbrickman@mac.com

4 minutes ago, jhark said:

The border is closed to car traffic right now and has been for over a week.  It is open to foot traffic if you want to walk across.

For border crossing info and wait times go to:  bwt.cbp.gov

That site shows wait times and they show traffic. I really doubt your advisory, sorry.

1 hour ago, artsnob said:

while they fly north for a week

Given the current situation...fly north and a necessary self quarantine of two weeks. Then a week of whatever they plan to do. Fly south and a necessary self quarantine of two weeks before leaving the house. 

Why do I think there's not a chance in hell they'll abide by this? 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

My friends just crossed the border by car  ( Laredo )on Friday no problems whatsoever  ... with today’s search engines it is so easy to check these nonesensical rumors before you pass them on .

Did your friends cross with pets?

I am the friend of Ian's. No problems crossing. Couple checkpoints in Mexico where they were taking temperatures and handing out leaflets on the Chinese Virus. 

• Like 2

We  (2 Canadians) crossed at Columbia 2 weeks ago with our 2 dogs.  Our dogs have papers (up to date shots; no 'health certificate' as it is not a written requirement in US, Mexico or Canada for crossing).   As has been the case with our 18 crossings, north and south now, no one even noticed the 2 dogs.  We mentioned them to the Border Guard.  He did not ask to see the papers or ask us any questions about them.   Same entering Canada.  

9 hours ago, tomgates said:

I am the friend of Ian's. No problems crossing. Couple checkpoints in Mexico where they were taking temperatures and handing out leaflets on the Chinese Virus. 

FYI 

Coronavirus disease 

(COVID-19)

'CO' for 'corona,' 

'VI' for 'virus,' 

'D' for disease. 

• Thanks 1