Chapala.com Webboard

Talk about bovine excrement. American Airlines.

I read a story this morning from "Mother Jones" that I believe.

Here are the (alleged) details.

Remember this when you next book a flight.

• "American Airlines seated passengers next to each other even though their flight was virtually empty, according to a report by Mother Jones.
  • The incident took place on a flight on March 24 that had only 11 passengers, all of whom were in basic economy, according to the outlet, which cited an unnamed flight attendant.
  • Though there were plenty of seats, none were moved because "that would be an upgrade," according to the flight attendant.
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, Eric Blair said:

I read a story this morning from "Mother Jones" that I believe.

Here are the (alleged) details.

Remember this when you next book a flight.

• "American Airlines seated passengers next to each other even though their flight was virtually empty, according to a report by Mother Jones.
  • The incident took place on a flight on March 24 that had only 11 passengers, all of whom were in basic economy, according to the outlet, which cited an unnamed flight attendant.
  • Though there were plenty of seats, none were moved because "that would be an upgrade," according to the flight attendant.

You made up the quote "none were moved."  It does not exist in the article.

Here is REAL quote from story, below.  I don't quibble that airlines aren't in it for the $$, but your insinuation that there were not moved by attendants implies the attendants were negligent and at fault. 

“The reasoning behind it is, well, they bought basic economy fares, so we can’t put them further up in the cabin, because that would be an upgrade,” she explained. She said that the flight attendants “took it upon ourselves to spread them out.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Probably all BS or one-sided and not representative; there's always going to be a stupido working somewhere. Brother just flew back to Canada on AA, with stops in Houston and Chicago, and got to sit wherever he pleased. No one was seating anyone next to anyone else. Only a handful on the plane.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Probably all BS or one-sided and not representative; there's always going to be a stupido working somewhere. Brother just flew back to Canada on AA, with stops in Houston and Chicago, and got to sit wherever he pleased. No one was seating anyone next to anyone else. Only a handful on the plane.

Why let facts interfere with a good story? I didn't even have to look to see who posted it. I just knew.

With all of the other hyperbole out there (some legit, much not), why is it so necessary to add more? No, don't tell me...I already know.

• Like 5