Chapala.com Webboard

L.P Delivery today.

I have a 300 ltr tank.

I wanted to top it off. Last "fill" was 2/27/2020 161 Lts. Cost $9.10 ltr.

Today,I watched the entire process from my front window that has film on it (one way during the day). I said filled to top.

The head man stayed at the back the entire time. When the roof man was done and the hose put back, the head man, reached into his shirt pocket and pulled out a receipt. Came to the door and told me price was$9.03 for a total of $1,403. 

I got $1,500 and he put the receipt on the ground where I put the $$. We were always 8-10 feet apart.

When I checked the receipt he had left (the one he took from his shirt pocket), the area where the print from the machine goes showing cost, lts, etc. was totally blank. He left. Now I have a tank at 90.

End of story.

Flame away.

When you say 90 I assume you mean 90 percent full. If that is the case and you consumed about 140 liters in just over a month I would say you have a gas leak. I have a 180 liter tank which I fill about every 9 months. Yes I live by myself, take a hot shower every day, do some cooking and use my washing machine about 3 times a week.

I calculate the maximum fill and direct them on how many liters using this:

The 80% fill rule is a preventative safety measure against the fluctuations that happen inside a tank. Propane, like water, will expand when heat is added to it. Propane, however, will increase in volume nearly 17 times greater than water over the same temperature increase. To allow for this expansion, propane containers are filled to only 80% of their capacity.

https://www.amerigas.com/amerigas-blog/2013/november/propane-tanks-and-the-80-percent-fill-rule

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

I calculate the maximum fill and direct them on how many liters using this:

The 80% fill rule is a preventative safety measure against the fluctuations that happen inside a tank. Propane, like water, will expand when heat is added to it. Propane, however, will increase in volume nearly 17 times greater than water over the same temperature increase. To allow for this expansion, propane containers are filled to only 80% of their capacity.

https://www.amerigas.com/amerigas-blog/2013/november/propane-tanks-and-the-80-percent-fill-rule

Correct!