Chapala.com Webboard

Weather..higher than norm.

16 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Maybe it's  my age, but I do not recall March being as hot as this...must be close to 100f

In February this year Mexican weather people (TV news from Guad and other sources) foretold temps of 2 - 5 C higher than normal for March and April.  They were unwilling / unable to forecast into May and June at that time.  Lately have been talking about some locations in Jalisco have reached as high as 40C.   Approx. 38C = 100 F.

Yes... has slowly been getting hotter (and colder) each year that we've been here... now in year 21.... and no reason to expect this to change if global warming predictions hold true.

Currently we are in an ENSO neutral configuration (El Niño Southern Oscillation) condition and the prediction is for more of the same into this summer.  At this point neither a La Niña or an El Niño condition is expect ed as we approach summer.  El Niño is the worst condition as it causes below normal summer rains in the central highlands of Mexico.  La Niña affects the summer rainy season less.  As it stands now the central highlands could be wetter this year than last, a good thing since the El Niño of last summer definitely reduced rains there and here.

Breaking Bad!

I've been tracking the temperature in and out of the house as I'm getting ready to install UV/Heat film on the windows that are hit very hard for hours by the afternoon sun.

One meter above my roof it has been 37.0 every day for the last several days. Usually around 2 or 3 PM.  On my terrace it has been 28.3 on one day ONLY but most days it is 29.5 (give or take a tenth) every day for a week. Last Friday it was 30.4 on the terrace. This reading is from a gauge that is in the shade against a wall that does not get direct sun so it is the temperature of the air. I live in the Raquet Club.