Chapala.com Webboard

Current Info

HarryB

The chart below shows the US is doing better than others. Delegado Juan Ramon says the reported infection rate for Mexico has turned the corner. Let's hopeit has and we continue being careful and lowering the infection rate

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sydney-today.network%2F2020%2F03%2F23%2Fitalys-coronavirus-claims-651-lives-in-one-day-bringing-death-toll-to-5476%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0MraT5_zUMsh0M8RwrWiEf7go96Q9I7hPaNU3ZYuAPvnFYqVKp5s8Uboc&h=AT1bjcE04P0BDcqmUU1ZN_EJi5Pp5atQ9Pmadc3q6BNEnxUq0Ve6sOawOLYP9PocduMAhGap4jPe4XX91t9weTDBVZGnZWIe2c9YE7uEXl96-k5wRb0n9RZ1bFPGSVMk2gbBfdul8S7G1071w5cX7RFG13j7bsrcenhcwxqjKZivyuTZTx2SkAjz9PDDGFPVj1_OJQS7bzYYKYqGzsdsoyVPHtVr28OVkCyCK5UmjEfX_BWlJ-iOzdJG87A-zttB94UkVDWca5GT6bdlG9er8YfSNj7rUcFgLrQGWBjA8lyNpGQBkSzjMYfC_QpF0VyDCIsAHu3KlT-xTMmvX4K1zDsvY5t69uHmhxb3vPS1i3emdQvMkFkkKphDLJ5hDSHw-0_8st0y2S7SWJtc026AhFkN0XmSkEcMWtyGM5bNxQ_VFVrhBX-ji1Rwv-uNLXg2fP7hOtvSckIJURID_3aUEIBV-yW--ssPYsrjwn4v4RC4hKS7HnEzUiMUQ_SD2ASdaCMCOx5phccOmlZwpsh-DpsNECk4usEaXd-RBMmT3xIsP-CBpspDWGv1heePOadCs25UWVEZW0yJzTEjBSpfOAlyqI7SGCZeVNOjAUePWwJgU1ey0MVh7XegO2Gd_jMJ2n8Hz3Nopf1Y-wiSfmXSMFo5JCGGPb-hwhnYRLruCR24T1SWoro_7kS4Vj0xibF3FpW8NcykxggWICGv5t2z_Zuxp3NhMRGqKuhYAlzLYmRQojbOOqwSACJCHOLjeWjyrHjgi2J_izbrCq1NrCfq-rA8U321t6zdrmL463HZXxVanWeM9NRV0OG85xlk-u2ZijlRyy15wN6rkFw-YaqdQkFuVVkRK3XhM5QHiift_JDzd_aKSlsI8Kh8lWSowkpWi28vOKQX7j42nzNFAA91ETkF62O0NU0lPnRexC5Py5rwMBRHkW9lSmhzuqI_ibaSdtmlRA-VLeo7E2Xa8r5C0lhKYZHtJfZKcr3aJfYGmbtghxyHfupBf6bqkd9MPJsQI__wHVl3wPrd3l6Z-ZepRdEe1HUWKwQsH1rg6_OxrRoWnAqO9qW62K4I

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, HarryB said:

The chart below shows the US is doing better than others. Delegado Juan Ramon says the reported infection rate for Mexico has turned the corner. Let's hopeit has and we continue being careful and lowering the infection rate

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sydney-today.network%2F2020%2F03%2F23%2Fitalys-coronavirus-claims-651-lives-in-one-day-bringing-death-toll-to-5476%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0MraT5_zUMsh0M8RwrWiEf7go96Q9I7hPaNU3ZYuAPvnFYqVKp5s8Uboc&h=AT1bjcE04P0BDcqmUU1ZN_EJi5Pp5atQ9Pmadc3q6BNEnxUq0Ve6sOawOLYP9PocduMAhGap4jPe4XX91t9weTDBVZGnZWIe2c9YE7uEXl96-k5wRb0n9RZ1bFPGSVMk2gbBfdul8S7G1071w5cX7RFG13j7bsrcenhcwxqjKZivyuTZTx2SkAjz9PDDGFPVj1_OJQS7bzYYKYqGzsdsoyVPHtVr28OVkCyCK5UmjEfX_BWlJ-iOzdJG87A-zttB94UkVDWca5GT6bdlG9er8YfSNj7rUcFgLrQGWBjA8lyNpGQBkSzjMYfC_QpF0VyDCIsAHu3KlT-xTMmvX4K1zDsvY5t69uHmhxb3vPS1i3emdQvMkFkkKphDLJ5hDSHw-0_8st0y2S7SWJtc026AhFkN0XmSkEcMWtyGM5bNxQ_VFVrhBX-ji1Rwv-uNLXg2fP7hOtvSckIJURID_3aUEIBV-yW--ssPYsrjwn4v4RC4hKS7HnEzUiMUQ_SD2ASdaCMCOx5phccOmlZwpsh-DpsNECk4usEaXd-RBMmT3xIsP-CBpspDWGv1heePOadCs25UWVEZW0yJzTEjBSpfOAlyqI7SGCZeVNOjAUePWwJgU1ey0MVh7XegO2Gd_jMJ2n8Hz3Nopf1Y-wiSfmXSMFo5JCGGPb-hwhnYRLruCR24T1SWoro_7kS4Vj0xibF3FpW8NcykxggWICGv5t2z_Zuxp3NhMRGqKuhYAlzLYmRQojbOOqwSACJCHOLjeWjyrHjgi2J_izbrCq1NrCfq-rA8U321t6zdrmL463HZXxVanWeM9NRV0OG85xlk-u2ZijlRyy15wN6rkFw-YaqdQkFuVVkRK3XhM5QHiift_JDzd_aKSlsI8Kh8lWSowkpWi28vOKQX7j42nzNFAA91ETkF62O0NU0lPnRexC5Py5rwMBRHkW9lSmhzuqI_ibaSdtmlRA-VLeo7E2Xa8r5C0lhKYZHtJfZKcr3aJfYGmbtghxyHfupBf6bqkd9MPJsQI__wHVl3wPrd3l6Z-ZepRdEe1HUWKwQsH1rg6_OxrRoWnAqO9qW62K4I

Juan is living in a pipe dream because he is a devoted AMLO follower. Juan's source of information is Facebook for all things coronavirus.

Mexico has in NO way "turned the corner" -- it has barely even started. Harry, you should delete this post because it is completely false and the link you posted isn't even about Mexico? Irresponsible. The chart you mention is also misleading. The reason why the US looks better is because of a lack of testing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ficklepie said:

Juan is living in a pipe dream because he is a devoted AMLO follower. Juan's source of information is Facebook for all things coronavirus.

Mexico has in NO way "turned the corner" -- it has barely even started. Harry, you should delete this post because it is completely false and the link you posted isn't even about Mexico? Irresponsible. The chart you mention is also misleading. The reason why the US looks better is because of a lack of testing.

I agree. We are in no way out of the woods and won't be for weeks.

Misinformation of this type is injurious to all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mexico hasn't "turned a corner" unless that corner is a huge increase in the number of cases. There are many cases which haven't been reported (many people in San Pancho, Nayarit, sick with all the symtoms, being told not to go to a doctor or the hospital, to phone a 1-800 number and a doctor will come to the house, but no doctor comes) and unless Mexico insitutes a country-wide lockdown, this is only getting going here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The bottom line, as with the flu, is not how many get it, but how many die. THAT is the only measure that counts. Sure, it is Great to stop the spread, but look at the flu How many have become infected and how many die? Check the death rate in countries for this virus, Not the infection rate. Death rate tells who has a handle and who does not. THe medias would have you look at how many get infected, yet they never compare to the flu, which is much lower worldwide because of the vaccine. Just imagine the flu without the vaccine. This China Virus would be put to shame.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

The bottom line, as with the flu, is not how many get it, but how many die. THAT is the only measure that counts. Sure, it is Great to stop the spread, but look at the flu How many have become infected and how many die? Check the death rate in countries for this virus, Not the infection rate. Death rate tells who has a handle and who does not. THe medias would have you look at how many get infected, yet they never compare to the flu, which is much lower worldwide because of the vaccine. Just imagine the flu without the vaccine. This China Virus would be put to shame.

USA numbers.......

Influenza      CDC stats 10-1-2019 to 3-16-2020         cases 38,000,000 to 54,000,000     deaths   23,000 to 59,000   Broad estimates because of non reporting requirements

Covid - 19  Johns Hopkins stats  2020 to date 3-23  cases  43,214                                     deaths  533

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It is not  the CHINA virus!  Very racist!

Sadly, that is what our President called it, and I believe he was quoting someone else.

Being an ex beer drinker, I have no problem remembering that it is also called the Corona Virus, which usually keeps me out of trouble. :) 

4 minutes ago, johanson said:

Sadly, that is what our President called it, and I believe he was quoting someone else.

Being an ex beer drinker, I have no problem remembering that it is also called the Corona Virus, which usually keeps me out of trouble. :) 

He was quoting himself.

Well the first thing you gotta do is get rid of that EX beer drinker label during these times.

German measles

Spanish flu

West Nile virus

Rocky Mountain spotted fever

Lyme disease for Lyme, CT

Norovirus for Norwalk, OH

Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome

Well, well, here's a headline from Politico from January 20

HEALTH CARE

First case of deadly China virus identified in U.S.

CNBC, January 20

China’s coronavirus has killed 9, can spread between people. Here’s what we know

PUBLISHED TUE, JAN 21 202012:04 AM ESTUPDATED WED, JAN 22 20201:01 AM EST

Until the PC age it seems it was quite common to name these types of illnesses for their origin including geographical locations or animal vectors.

Now in this case we also know the Chinese government delayed being straight with the rest of the world regarding this illness which most definitely originated in Wuhan, China.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/

Chinese scientists knew about the coronavirus and its deadly effects as early as December — but were ordered by government officials to suppress the evidence, according to a report.

In late December, several genomics companies tested samples from sick patients in Wuhan — the center of the coronavirus outbreak — and noticed alarming similarities between their illnesses and the 2002 SARS virus, the Sunday Times of London reported, citing Chinese business news site Caixin Global.

The researchers alerted Beijing of their findings — and on Jan. 3, received a gag order from China’s National Health Commission, with instructions to destroy the samples.

Rather than hunkering down to contain the virus, Wuhan officials went ahead with their annual potluck dinner for 40,000 families.

The alleged cover-up continued when representatives from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Jan. 8 visited Wuhan, where officials intentionally withheld information that hospital workers had been infected by patients — a telltale sign of contagion.

News of the virus’ highly contagious nature didn’t surface publicly until Jan. 20. Wuhan was locked down and a mass quarantine ordered three days later.

Until the PC types started playing the race card it was known in the media as the Wuhan virus or China virus because that is where it came from and the government there made the situation a great deal worse by attempting to hide it from the world.  I'm glad someone has the guts to name this and lay the blame right where it belongs for the deaths and economic disaster it has caused and continues to cause.  The Chinese people raised a stink about this suppression but they and it were quickly stifled by their government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Well the first thing you gotta do is get rid of that EX beer drinker label during these times.

German measles

Spanish flu

West Nile virus

Rocky Mountain spotted fever

Lyme disease for Lyme, CT

Norovirus for Norwalk, OH

Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome

Well, well, here's a headline from Politico from January 20

CNBC, January 20

Until the PC age it seems it was quite common to name these types of illnesses for their origin including geographical locations or animal vectors.

Now in this case we also know the Chinese government delayed being straight with the rest of the world regarding this illness which most definitely originated in Wuhan, China.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/

Until the PC types started playing the race card it was known in the media as the Wuhan virus or China virus because that is where it came from and the government there made the situation a great deal worse by attempting to hide it from the world.  I'm glad someone has the guts to name this and lay the blame right where it belongs for the deaths and economic disaster it has caused and continues to cause.  The Chinese people raised a stink about this suppression but they and it were quickly stifled by their government.

What a racist post.  Did your fingers burn while typing it?

• Haha 1

According to the CDC, this China virus (or Wuhan, if you prefer for us racists  :D

) reporting today a total of 33, 404 cases, with 400 officially reported deaths. The CDC happens to be the only official reporting agency NOB. That computes to a death % of 1.2%, with the majority over 85 years of age, and most others having an underlying condition. Really great response so far, NOB. Using mostly's stats, not official, the death % is still 1.2%.  Sorry if these stats hurt the feelings of those who are hoping for a much higher, because of their hatred of Americans. Just ain't happening.  

5 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

According to the CDC, this China virus (or Wuhan, if you prefer for us racists  :D

) reporting today a total of 33, 404 cases, with 400 officially reported deaths. The CDC happens to be the only official reporting agency NOB. That computes to a death % of 1.2%, with the majority over 85 years of age, and most others having an underlying condition. Really great response so far, NOB. Using mostly's stats, not official, the death % is still 1.2%.  Sorry if these stats hurt the feelings of those who are hoping for a much higher, because of their hatred of Americans. Just ain't happening.  

This post deserves to be erased and sender blocked.  That is, if posting on this board is fair and balanced, not to mention nonjudgmental.  MC?

14 minutes ago, El Menudo said:

This post deserves to be erased and sender blocked.  That is, if posting on this board is fair and balanced, not to mention nonjudgmental.  MC?

Looks pretty factual to me.  Have you missed all the folks of a certain political persuasion including a former presidential candidate calling people racist for correctly labeling this virus for its origin?  Do you not understand the death rate computation?  Have you missed the fact that some of your own partisans are praising the response NOB?

My fingers don't burn at all because I actually follow the news from credible sources including the well documented sorry behavior of the Chinese government in this matter and the historical facts regarding labeling of illnesses of this type.  Frankly I think the world should demand reparations from that government.

OTOH your attempt to blame the POTUS for labeling the disease when in fact much of the MSM did so before the PC crowd attacked wasn't factual at all.  And that wasn't the first time I've had to correct your statements of this type.

You're a big boy.  You can handle some free speech.  Now learn how to separate fact from TDS and this labeling of everything you don't like as racist.  Like the boy who cried wolf you all have really worn that one out.  Get a new line.

You're welcome to take your complaint to another moderator.  Once I found myself having to correct fake news here once again I stepped back from moderating the thread as is my policy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Looks pretty factual to me.  Have you missed all the folks of a certain political persuasion including a former presidential candidate calling people racist for correctly labeling this virus for its origin?  Do you not understand the death rate computation?  Have you missed the fact that some of your own partisans are praising the response NOB?

OTOH your attempt to blame the POTUS for labeling the disease when in fact much of the MSM did so before the PC crowd attacked wasn't factual at all.  And that wasn't the first time I've had to correct your statements of this type.

You're a big boy.  You can handle some free speech.

Oh, thanks Helen, you are certainly wiser than I.  My hope is to never dishonor your wisdom ever again.  My apologies.

The cessation of using the 'N' word was called PC by some/many too but I suspect that no one would consider using it now. No difference. It is meant to project disrespect. 100% of the worlds population that is paying ANY attention knows that the virus started somewhere in China. Using "China flu' to reference it to reflect 'blame' and to deflect responsibility is as shameful as most other slurs. To have our President continue to foster its use is....IMO.... despicable. You guys using it, and suggesting that it is just to remind us of where it originated,  borders on the same too but that of course is your right. But YOU don't represent 300+ million people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1