Chapala.com Webboard

Are the SJC spas open this weekend ?

50 minutes ago, Dostortas said:

So is social distance shaming going to be a thing now?  🤪

It wouldn’t be if people not doing it only endangered themselves and would not be endangering other people. Then no one would give a shit what you do.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Dostortas said:

So is social distance shaming going to be a thing now?  🤪

The OP brought it on to themselves. 

Staying home for a few days is what socially conscious and responsible adults should do. It's not easy for anyone, but at least have a sense of community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lily H said:

The OP brought it on to themselves. 

Staying home for a few days is what socially conscious and responsible adults should do. It's not easy for anyone, but at least have a sense of community.

To some, a sense of self is more important. :(

I don't understand what people are talking about "staying home for a few days" ????  We need to stay home ongoingly, until all cases have been identified and contained. And that's not going to happen in a few days, folks. Don't go out, except for walks and excursions where you aren't in close contact with others, unless necessary, and then take precautions. Best if people band together and only one person goes out shopping for a few friends. Take turns. Then only one person has to take all the cleaning measures necessary when they get home.

The thing about self-isolating for 5-7 days was regarding being possibly or knowingly exposed and not going out at all until there's been time to see if you develop symptoms, so you can get medical help if necessary. 

By the way, regarding bleach to disinfect surfaces- don't overdo the bleach- more isn't better. 4teaspoons to a liter of water. The water content is necessary to make the bleach effective.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mudgirl said:

I don't understand what people are talking about "staying home for a few days" ???? 

????

The Governor of Jalisco: "I ask the people of Jalisco that this week we make the sacrifice of staying at home, a sacrifice of five days that could avoid making a sacrifice of months".

Feelings and emotions to myself, what the governor said was a fact. I've been home for a week, a month or two if necessary.

Went grocery shopping this Sunday morning at about 11 AM at El Torito. The town was dead. Almost no traffic. I got what I needed and got back home as soon as I could. It would appear the majority of the folks are following the stay home rules.

Wasn't the topic at hand about the Balneario at SJC?  I was there a few days ago to use up the last day of my discount pass.  It was open but hardly anyone there, slower than the slowest day I ever saw there, and I go out there a lot.  Skeleton crew only.   Lots of space, easy to socially distance yourself.  I asked the manager if they were going to stay open and he said yes.  The waters out there are disinfected already by piped in ozono and hand disinfectants are everywhere, although, if you are in and out of that water along with other intermediate showers, you don't have to worry..  

The five day limit sounds very arbitrary but better to be safe than sorry.  We are not on a total lockdown as in italy.  People can go out to get food, we can't starve, and many restaurants are staying open but with take-out only.  You can still go outside for walks if you just keep your distance from other people, not hard to do.  When I see Mexican friends I put up my hands and say Besos De Lejos - kisses from afar!

I didn't think the MX situation sounded too bad until we learned that around 400 people in GDL have been found through flight records to have been in Vail, CO for a major ski event recently - along with others from Italy.  I suspect that is why Jalisco is getting into high gear with prevention at this time.  Also, the man who sells coconut juice (agua coco) near the Ajijic plaza told me he has had customers from Spain and Italy.  Just FYI.  

I've seen videos from Italy showing people singing from their windows and balconies.  Also shots of super crowded hospitals, a church full of coffins, etc.  Accounts from residents sound truly grim.  It is imperative that everyone follow the precautions to avoid that.  Italy's death count is still soaring every single day.  

• Like 1