Chapala.com Webboard

partial closure of border announced

...but not necessarily focused on legal crossings.  The comment  "Ebrard emphasized earlier Friday that it was not a closure of the border. It will be restricted; it will be restricted for cases that are related to tourism and recreation" is ambiguous to me. Anybody else?

Also, it was stated that a 'clarifying' statement vis a vie the border would be made later today, Friday."

2 hours ago, RickS said:

...but not necessarily focused on legal crossings.  The comment  "Ebrard emphasized earlier Friday that it was not a closure of the border. It will be restricted; it will be restricted for cases that are related to tourism and recreation" is ambiguous to me. Anybody else?

Also, it was stated that a 'clarifying' statement vis a vie the border would be made later today, Friday."

The nearest border town to our home in Bisbee was Naco (AZ and MX), just a few miles south of us.  Pretty much everyone in Naco had relatives on both sides of the border.  Sunday comida meant entire families got together on one side or the order, depending on who was hosting. 

Naco has tiendas, but nothing major, so most weekends there were more Sonoran license plates in the Bisbee Safeway parking lot than AZ plates.   

I agree "tourism and recreation" is ambiguous at best.  Let's hope the guidelines don't hurt people who live near the border....either side!

5 minutes ago, traderspoc said:

hopefully this will keep Americans in the United states

Not all Americans are evil and I'll bet that not all Canadians/Mexicans/Italians/British, etc. are saints.  Not sure why you felt the need to post your comment.  

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dichosalocura said:

Gosh, that is exactly what Trump said!

No it is not.  The state department's warning is that Americans should return home as the normal commercial means of travel may not be available if they wait too long.  It is pretty much the same advisory being given to Canadians.  The state department advisory actually included wording suggesting that ALL travelers return to their country of residence.

Don't start with the TDS crap on this thread.  I will moderate it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

No it is not.  The state department's warning is that Americans should return home as the normal commercial means of travel may not be available if they wait too long.  It is pretty much the same advisory being given to Canadians.  The state department advisory actually included wording suggesting that ALL travelers return to their country of residence.

Don't start with the TDS crap on this thread.  I will moderate it.

Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

I would not take the bridge webcams border wait times too seriously.  CBP can close a lane or open a new lane or take a truck on the bridge and block a lane.  By time you arrive at the bridge it can all change.  Once the posted wait time was 45 minutes, I was in line at that time and the actual wait time was 3 hours.  Take water and snacks.

If you want to cross fast, "mochila arriba en el Rio Bravo."🐟

3 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Not all Americans are evil and I'll bet that not all Canadians/Mexicans/Italians/British, etc. are saints.  Not sure why you felt the need to post your comment.  

He knows why. Haters gonna hate, no matter what.